Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: More bad office habits

There is this one guy who defecates himself. Then he sticks his hand in and grabs some feces and smears it all over his body.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- People who don't get their print jobs after they print. So when I go to get my print job, it's mixed in with all this old stuff. Why did they even bother to print it if they're not going to use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am notoriously bad about this. I will forget I printed something for days at a time.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that bothers me most at the office is the sound of typing. SOme people type so fast and have loud clicking keyboards that I can't focus on anything but that noise. In fact, it's one of the reasons I choose to work from my laptop at work instead of plugging in a keyboard. I just can't stand that noise. There are even several commercials on TV that use the "typing" sound and when those commercials come on I change the channel. I wear headphones at work and turn it up pretty load so I can focus and actually get things done. I've been caught swearing under my breath when someone not far away is typing like mad and I can't focus.

It's probably just me but I hate it. Why can't they make quiet keyborads?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can deal with regular typing, but I can't deal with people using HPC (hunt-peck-curse), or typing with two fingers because they never learned. You hear "CLICK...CLICK...CLICK...WHAM!!!!" when they hit the spacebar.

Oh, nailclipping sucks as well. My boss does it. I tried to start a thread on "Boss is a Moron. Advice?" but only got one response.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that bothers me most at the office is the sound of typing. SOme people type so fast and have loud clicking keyboards that I can't focus on anything but that noise. In fact, it's one of the reasons I choose to work from my laptop at work instead of plugging in a keyboard. I just can't stand that noise. There are even several commercials on TV that use the "typing" sound and when those commercials come on I change the channel. I wear headphones at work and turn it up pretty load so I can focus and actually get things done. I've been caught swearing under my breath when someone not far away is typing like mad and I can't focus.

It's probably just me but I hate it. Why can't they make quiet keyborads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every building at my company is just a giant floor with desks everywhere (no cubes). You'd have to hear everyones' keyboards, desk phones, cell phones, every single noise. Apparently they did a study a few years back and determined that workers are distracted on average every 10 seconds. I guess they feel that managerial oversight is more important.

What kills me is that the same people always have their cell phones going off and laugh about it. I can understand not turning off the ringer here and there, but some ignorants [censored] never do.

Oh yeah, and repeatedly being trained to do something, and taking notes...and not having a goddamn clue every time...then hovering while watching me do something.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: On a similar note

[ QUOTE ]
On a similar note, this isn't a habit, more of an observation. Do you have anyone in the office that can only relate to you on one topic? Every time you see them, it's the same thing. In my case, it's fantasy football. I wonder if we'd even talk if I didn't have a FF team. "Who should I start this week...Corey Dillon or Duce Staley?" "Who are you starting?" "What defense should I go with?" God forbid you try to talk about something else. I know he does other things, but all I get from him when I change the subject is a short one-line answer. Drives me nuts. Occasionally we can talk about Lobo football and basketball, but inevitably it goes back to FF. I wonder if he'll still be my friend when the season is over.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart people like myself do this to annoy the crap out of people that they don't like without being too obvious. I ask this guy at work the same thing everyday (when I purposely know the answer is always no) and he gets visibly pissed each time.

He probably thinks I'm retarded, but I get a good laugh out of it each day. Others have caught on that I do this and they purposely come around me when I do this just so they can join in on the fun that I have.

I'm just an office bitchboy so I have to use intelligent warfare to stick it to the man.

Probably the thing that bothers me the most is the offices around me, the people always talk on speaker phone and never close their door. Is it that hard to close your door if you want to be loud as hell?!?!
Old 11-19-2005, 02:18 AM

I have an older (probably mid-60's) lady in my office that clears her throat once every few minutes. Not regular quiet clearing coughs either...big, multi-syllable, phlegm-containing ones. So annoying, you can't concentrate on anything else. Some days it is 5-notes at a time, and sometimes even 6 or 7 on a "good" day. I got $20 at 3-1 that she chokes on her own saliva within the next year.

JSJ
Old 11-19-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got $20 at 3-1 that she chokes on her own saliva within the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I bet you'll beat her to death with a keyboard first?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh [censored], I forgot....

No she isn't here today we will have to postpone till Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. Is this going to happen?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 PM

As soon as he gives me her addy.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Oh come on, people!