Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 PM

Default KK with an ace on turn

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Big Blind is a lag. I didn't have a read on Small blind, but everything that he did - calling the 3bet from the small blind then coldcalling the flop - indicated to me that he probably had AK. If I had bet the turn and then got checkraised from SB I would have to toss it, but I could usually pay the same amount and see a showdown by checking behind here. If I got checkraised on the turn by the BB I would hate it but I'd call down since he's a LAG (I might fold if small blind called my bet first). On the turn I'm no longer worried about giving free overcards, although I could be giving one of my two opponents a free diamond (and considering how this hand has been played so far I'm not really worried about that). Regardless, I think it was better to check behind on the turn. Comments?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:51 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: Ace on turn with KK

bet the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. You want to elaborate your post or keep it pointless?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 PM

A few things that my friend pointed out to me when I showed him this hand just now: I really can't put small blind on AK, but the way the hand was played made it seem like a likely holding. Also, if the flop was 2 suited I would deifnetly be betting this turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:01 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

going to lunch. can elaborate later. don't be weak.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: KK with an ace on turn

Bet the turn. Like you said, putting him on AK was overzealous. There's a wide variety of hands that a LAG will coldcall 3 with, these guys are lags.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. Like you said, putting him on AK was overzealous. There's a wide variety of hands that a LAG will coldcall 3 with, these guys are lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about small blind being a LAG. I don't know anything about how he plays because I didn't have a read on him yet.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about small blind being a LAG. I don't know anything about how he plays because I didn't have a read on him yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, I misread your post.

Either way, it's a bet. You're up against a LAG who could have anything, and a unknown who could have a smaller range of anything. Putting anyone on a particular hand with this little action is overzealous. People cold-call with all sorts of stuff trying for all sorts of things.

I expect SB to flip up a hand like QJs a large majority of the time here, or to fold out on the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:11 PM

Even so, you should be betting this turn. If SB checkraises, well then you have decision to make (this is where your read or lack thereof becomes more significant). For what it's worth, you're probably not giving up a ton if you fold to the unknown player's checkraise on the turn.

If you're not raised on the turn, I think you have a clear value bet if chcked to on most river cards.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM

this is a great spot to check behind.

the only hands i can see taht are out there you're giving free cards to have 2 or 5 outs. with the chances of being check raised/ i like taking it and calling one bet on the river

my hand range on sb is AA-88(maybe lower) AKs - ATs AKo AQo KQo KQs KJs QJs.

for utg its AA -99 AKs - ATs AKo - AJo KQo

stealthcow-