Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Suited trash in the small bline

Ed Miller discusses completing in the SB with most suited hands in multiway pots, but notes that doing so may not be correct if the small blind is less than 1/2 of the BB.

I'm guessing there is not a huge amount of lost value either way but in a 5/10 game with a 2/5 blind structure, am I making a mistake folding hands like 93s, T4s and 74s when at least two players have limped in?

E.g. hand: Tigh-Passive open limps in the CO, sLA-A limps on Button. BB is TAG. Hero [93s in SB] _____?
Old 06-26-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Suited trash in the small bline

I would probably fold those with only two limpers. Give me four limpers and I might start completing. This isn't based on any sort of math or analysis though -- they just seem like hands that are too weak without more limpers, to me, so I'm willing to be corrected here.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Suited trash in the small bline

Thanks for the response. This is how I've treated them lately, but as we all do when we're experiencing downswings, I'm desperately seeking every little bit of EV I can find.