Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: 1st SS post

What Ace is an unkown CO check/calling UI on the river?
Any ace. I was thinking of a big ace like A-10 through A-Q, but it could be any ace, really. It happens all the time. Or maybe you're missing too many value bets on the river and not giving the typical low limit player enough chances to call you on the river with these types of hands. He could also have paired his crappy kicker, or maybe he has some lower pocket pair.

If there's a fold on the river to a checkraise it's FAR from easy!?!
What can I say, except it SHOULD be easy. I wouldn't want to pay off a CR here with an underpair and a paired undercard on the board. But that is beside the point, because, as I said, it's highly unlikely the opponent will do anything but fold or call.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 PM

i too bet this river. Pretty much everything lil says is also my thinking...

peace

john nickle
Old 05-17-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So bet the river. If raised, you have an easy fold, but that's not likely anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this line. If you're planning to fold to a raise, why not just check through? It would be a shame to walk away from a 7ish BB pot just because CO sensed weakness and made a bluff-raise.

I think if we bet this one we MUST call a raise, and if we're not willing to call a raise then we should check through.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because CO sensed weakness and made a bluff-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does 3-betting pre-flop and betting every street give Villan a sense of Hero's weakness?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:55 PM

I think if we bet this one we MUST call a raise, and if we're not willing to call a raise then we should check through.

This isn't even the main point of the thread, but I am really surprised so many people have a hard time laying this down if you are check-raised on the river. Agaisnt a typical 2-4 player, you are toast. Easy fold.

It would be a shame to walk away from a 7ish BB pot just because CO sensed weakness and made a bluff-raise.
If you bet, you're not showing weakness. You're showing no fear! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 04:25 PM

This looks fine to me. I think a river bet is in order unless you have a read that this player is very passive.

I'd be shocked if it happened, but I think you can lay down the hand if you're raised on the end.