Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Who raises this river?

Does the overcall value outweigh scooping an otherwise split pot?

Anyone raise the turn? I figured the only hand I could KO that I wanted out would be an underpair, and given the strong split possibility I didn't think an extra bet from 2pairs would be worth much edge.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Who raises this river?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you put them both on sets instead? AA and TT? I like a raise, I think.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:48 PM

why wasn't the turn capped. easy river raise considering all of the turn action. Overcalls are usually a bad idea as there are few times when it is correct to go for them
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you put them both on sets instead? AA and TT? I like a raise, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome. I just advised raising quads and aces full. For the love of god, cap the s**t outn of the turn. If someone comes out betting after the board pairs I just call.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 PM

How did you not find a raise with the nuts on the turn?

I can see raising the flop to knock out any Ks or Ts, as well.

-d
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 PM

The river is the only postflop street that I think you played correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (17 SB) J, A, Q (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you not raising this flop? I think you should raise both for value and to give naked Kings and Tens less favorable odds to draw to their gusthots.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (10.50 BB) T (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 raises, SB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone raise the turn? I figured the only hand I could KO that I wanted out would be an underpair, and given the strong split possibility I didn't think an extra bet from 2pairs would be worth much edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say here? You've got the nuts. Why are you just calling? You should be putting in as many bets as possible on 4th street. You're not concerned with "KO'ing" anybody at this point, least of all, an underpair, which would be drawing thin to a split against you. By the way, you have the nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (22.50 BB) T (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot. I think you're probably splitting this pot three ways. But I think you'd have more information about your opponents hands if you had been aggressive on the flop and turn.

NOTE: do not include results (you didn't here) or the decision you made and the resulting action when you're asking for comments on what action to take at a specific point in a hand (i.e., knowing that you just called and that MP called behind closing the action colors what I think about MP's holding and may affect my advice on whether or not to raise the river).
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why wasn't the turn capped.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-17-2005, 02:55 PM

This hand is an all around horror show.

You didn't raise the flop, you didn't raise nor cap the turn.

I makes no sense to me why you won't raise the turn with the nuts, but you're contemplating a river raise when it could be quite possible you just got outdrawn.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I makes no sense to me why you won't raise the turn with the nuts, but you're contemplating a river raise when it could be quite possible you just got outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

its obvious because r in river comes before the letter t in turn in the alphabet.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its obvious because r in river comes before the letter t in turn in the alphabet.

[/ QUOTE ]

that totally flew right by me.