Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Boston vs NY Challenge

Basketball and Hockey don't have the fanbase or the history that baseball and Football have.

But I was just joking mang, no harm intended. I thought Boston had the better team in 2003 and was surprised when the Yankees pulled it off, then thought we had the better team in 04, and you guys pulled it off..
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 PM

I watched it was stupid, so i just watched pokeer superstars on fox sports
Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a few overatted universities

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate?

stealthcow-
Old 03-21-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a Co-Venture of NESN and YES? Its so creepy to be home and see ads for this on YES, then come back to school and watch it on NESN...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. same for me. School at Cornell, home in central MA.

This tournament looks a little hokey, and poorly produced? And what's the premise of "team play"?

-DB

[/ QUOTE ]

Around Worcester? Westborough here.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:42 AM

They were supposed to get some players with personality to trash talk or whatever and we end up with "mashed potatoes"? WTF does "mashed potatoes" have to do with poker?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:35 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
They were supposed to get some players with personality to trash talk or whatever and we end up with "mashed potatoes"? WTF does "mashed potatoes" have to do with poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was pretty bad. Especially since they weren't really playing team-style. Why call your partners all-in when all the other teams players have folded and all you have is a flush draw? You're forcing your team to be stuck with 1 point for 6th place. Doesn't look like they strategized before the event.

And yeah, the "mashed potatoes" was just dumb. They needed me going all-in, looking at my opponents, throwing my hands up in the air and shouting "BOO-YAH!" to really make this show watchable. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G-d im getting tired of noertheasterners thinking the rest of the country cares about some pseudo rivalry between NY and Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't think the rest of the country cares....we don't care what they (you) think [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. By the way, my understanding is that this show is only being aired on NESN and YES, so unless YOUR local cable or satellite provider "thinks their customers care" about things like the Yankees and the NY-Boston rivalry, you won't be subjected to any of it.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:18 PM

I watched out of car-wreck curiousity.

The poker wasn't that interesting and the players were out of central-casting.

They had the proper Bostonian, the 'mush', the nerd (two versions - Boston & NY), the tough 'broad', and the 'wise-guy'.

Based on the trailer, we get financial eels from both cities, at least one poker 'pro', and who knows what else in the next show.

They should have gone to Foxwoods and cast the players from people there.

Wait, maybe they did.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Unfortunately us "fly overs" are subjected to 8 minute skits and the like on ESPN everytime NY and Bahston baseball teams face each other in the preaseason......

And while BBall might not have the cultural cache Fball and to a far lesser degree Baseball has at the moment It sure seemed like Bostonites lived and died with the Celtics for about 3 decades so apparently they cared more than a little bit.

Play like a champion.....

should have known you were a Notre Shame fan...perhaps you can get your "obese slob never could make it as a head coach in the NFL so took the ND job as ND's 178th choice" coach to beg the B10 to let ND in....I hear you guys are still good in preppy sports like lacrosse and soccer.

Oh and BU BC Harvard are all vastly overatted Universities.

Thus ends my Jim Rome moment of the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 06:50 PM

It was a riot seeing Alfonse on TV.