Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 PM

Default WTF is wrong with my iPod?

Yesterday it worked fine. Then today I go to plug it into the charger and nothing happens. Usually the charging screen comes up, but this time nothing. I try turning it on and nothing is still happening. I tried plugging it in at work into the computer with the same result (the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in). It is an iPod color 20gb and it was purchased in the middle of July. It has never fell from anything. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Now I have to walk around campus in 5 degree weather with no music to listen to and I don't like it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: WTF is wrong with my iPod?

Tried resetting it I guess?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:19 PM

I don't know how to going about resetting it. Is there some special you can push. This thing is totally unresponsive.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday it worked fine. Then today I go to plug it into the charger and nothing happens. Usually the charging screen comes up, but this time nothing. I try turning it on and nothing is still happening. I tried plugging it in at work into the computer with the same result (the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in). It is an iPod color 20gb and it was purchased in the middle of July. It has never fell from anything. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Now I have to walk around campus in 5 degree weather with no music to listen to and I don't like it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not suer if this is the issue, but you do know that once the batteries die, they wont give you or sell you a new one... you have to buy a new ipod.

not freakin worth it.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:18 PM

how long do the batteries last? I had a 4 GB that Empire sent as part of a Royal Flush Raffle and I had it down at Caesars Indiana during the WSOP-C and some guy wanted it for $400 cash so I sold it, but I plan on getting the 60 GB video one.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not suer if this is the issue, but you do know that once the batteries die, they wont give you or sell you a new one... you have to buy a new ipod.

not freakin worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't been true for like 2 years.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:28 PM

Str8,

To reset, hold the center button on the wheel and menu at the same time for a mini.

EDIT: I see you have a 20 gb. Hold on the 2 center buttons in the row of 4. Hold it for like 8 seconds till the Apple pops up.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Behemoth,

Batteries can be changed at any Apple Store or authorized Apple service providers.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Same thing happened to me first I gave it to a friend to see if it was the charger of the Ipod. Then when I found out it was the Ipod I just brought into Best Buy and gave them my warranty. They gave me a loaner while they shipped the other one.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Behemoth,

Batteries can be changed at any Apple Store or authorized Apple service providers.

[/ QUOTE ]

well [censored].

oh well, I still wont get one, too faddish for me, not to mention that there are better ones out there... but hey! good news for you!