Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 12:19 PM

Default KK delayed push so I could get a better read, good or bad??

My call preflop is bad. I thought it was going to be heads-up, but it didn't.

Anyway, considering that I just called preflop, what do you think of my postflop play. No good read of villian, but I thought he was pretty tight and I also got a feeling he can hold AA (that's was the reason I didn't reraised preflop and instead was thinking that I had position on him and therefore could afford to let him reveal his hand with his postflop actions.)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($24.75)
UTG ($26.35)
MP ($73.98)
CO ($19.9)
Button ($44.77)
SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ ($24.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ (poster) raises to $1.9</font>, Hero calls $1.75, UTG calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, UTG calls $4, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($22) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG folds, Villian calls $11.

River: ($52) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian calls $3.85 (All-In), Hero calls $3.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $59.60
Old 05-19-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: KK delayed push so I could get a better read, good or bad??

Like you said, call preflop real bad. If you want to be heads up, reraise about $5 to knock out players behind you. If you really felt villian had AA and he popped you again try to let go of it there (I know, I know - no one is letting go of this even to another raise- if thats the case and you're popped again, push and if AA vs KK, so be it)
On the flop, you gotta raise,(raise the pot,about $8) both to knock out the guys behind you(price out the flush draws) and to see the response of the villian. If he pushes after that, it's a fold with just an overpair.
Hard to tell what you're trying to represent on the turn, doubt he's buyin 6-8 or 8-J for the straight, but if you're trying to represent the set, with about 50% of the villian's stack in there it's too late. He's pot committed (which by the way you are too with any raise) so use what little leverage you have with your stack and push. (You wouldn't consider folding on the river if he bet the 3 bucks into would ya? In the hand you didn't!)
River nothin' you can do, call the bet. Hope it worked out for ya, but with the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falling, I suspect you got toasted by AA, TT, or a poorly played AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](not a hand to reraise with pre flop)
Results?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
On the flop, you gotta raise,(raise the pot,about $8)

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You mean raise $8 to make it $12, or min-raise? Either way, a pot sized raise is making it $22. I would probably make it $16 and push the turn. (Unless you (OP) really think you're up against AA from the preflop raise. Then preflop call is good and flop is a fold. But that is not a very likely situation of course. (And therefore you should reraise preflop, but you allready know that.))
Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 PM

sorry, mistaken addition on my part. About $10 in the pot preflop, villian bets 4 more on the flop makin the pot ~14 so raise about 12-14, makin it 16-18 to go. Since this is pot commiting with these size stacks, if your going to do it, might as well push.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:56 PM

why would you think that it would heads up pre-flop? everybody's put in $1; they only need to put in $1 more. most people will do this 100% of the time.

i'd push the flop. there are 5 people in a very draw-heavy board, and a pot-sized raise would be about equal to a push. somebody will look you up with Tx, or if not, you still win a nice pot.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:16 PM

right. I messed this one up. Thats what happening when you multitable... lol
Old 05-19-2005, 05:20 PM

yes, a reraise preflop or after the flop is better, I see that more clearly no, lol, thanks. I wasn't trying to represent anything, but his weak turn bet finally convinced me I was ahead and therefore I pushed. The last few dollars was just a mistake, I was practically all-in.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Result

Villian showed AT of spades and won the pot, so I made a big misread.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Result

Destined to go broke here.