Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 09:10 PM

Default NAS Coronado $ the Nazis?

Google earth is awesome. About 2-3 times a week I fly over this base on my way into NAS North Island and I look out the right side of my plane and shake my head in wonder as to how the [censored] the designers of this building ever slipped past the people that are supposed to watch over this stuff. Its a 4 story building and when you walk around it on ground level, its completely un-noteworthy. When you see it from over head though....

-TX to kbfc for linking it.

Jihad
Old 10-21-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: NAS Coronado $ the Nazis?

At one time in my mis-spent youth I ventured into the arena of Architecture. What you're looking at is a very efficient use of available land space. Not the nicest view from above, I agree, but try to look at it as an ancient American Indian symbol.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:55 PM

If the image was bigger and you looked to the left, you would see two buildings shaped like B29 bombers on a bombing run heading straight for the nazi swastika.

The planes are in between the [ ]-shaped parts of the building to the bottom left
Old 10-21-2005, 11:00 PM

I see that. I'm not sure if that makes it better or not?!? It's pretty odd.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the image was bigger and you looked to the left, you would see two buildings shaped like B29 bombers on a bombing run heading straight for the nazi swastika.

The planes are in between the [ ]-shaped parts of the building to the bottom left

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were jerking my chain, but I looked, and looked, and looked. I've wasted about 15 minutes and I'm not finding anything even slightly resembling a B29 or BUFF or Big Bird or any other known to me flying craft or creature.

I guess I bit. nh

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were jerking my chain, but I looked, and looked, and looked. I've wasted about 15 minutes and I'm not finding anything even slightly resembling a B29 or BUFF or Big Bird or any other known to me flying craft or creature.

I guess I bit. nh

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice assist, kbfc!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:38 AM

He's referring to the two buildings directly SW of the building in question. They're actually the next two consecutive blocks down. They look like, essentially, a lower case "t" inside brackets ("[t]"). I'm quite sure it's all just a coincidence. Interesting none the less.

-Jihad

PS. I recently had an 'anti-terrorism' brief in the Nazi building [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 01:07 AM

I’m starting to feel stoopider (if that’s possible).

I see the street running SW to NE on the N side of Hitler’s HQ and the parallel street on the S side. SW of HQ is a parking lot. SW of the parking lot is a sidewalk in front of the bldg. that looks like an u/c C (or E with part of it missing).

If the “B29” apparitions are 2 blocks SW then they’re out of the picture. So, I was pwnd. I can handle that.

But then you gotta toss in “They look like, essentially, a lower case "t" inside brackets ("[t]"). I'm quite sure it's all just a coincidence. Interesting none the less.”

So I now not only don’t see the friggin’ B29 I can’t even find the l/c t! And you tell me you’ve been in HQ!

Now I gotta decide if you’ve joined in, making this a friggin’ conspiracy!

Hey, I got no plans for the next hour or so. Just tell me. Am I being had? It’s really kinda funny.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:28 AM

lol. no, you're not being f'd with, they're there. are you zoomed out enough? if its driving you crazy, PM me with your AIM SN and i'll narrarate it to you.

-jotr

ps. just stare really hard, its 3d [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 01:35 AM

Crap! I was looking at the pic here. (now I gotta go googlewhateverthecrapit!) Jeeze, Louise!

Thnx J.
cya round the OOT flight line.