Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: You, sir, are not a fish (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that I, the king of non-table-selection am making this argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I've seen you playing, which hasn't been too much your table selection has been horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have tunnel vision.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With a possible straight and flushdraw out there isn't a push or a fold the only two alternatives? Would you fold AK here if you were villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably do, yes.

The only strength in Ghazbans argument imo is

"You stupid %$#^%, you called all-in on a draw?!?!?! OMG, Party iz r1gg3d!!11!"

This reminds me of the type of very sarcastic attitude lots of people have on 2+2, still, I think pushing AKo there is not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you push that hand against a LAG with a 75/15/3? If no, what kind of a hand do you need to make a chaser pay? Your TPTK is justa s good as two pair against someone chasing either the straight or the flush. It would have be Hellmuthian for villain to put Ghazban on a OESFD.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:43 PM

We have no read. Do I push this against a 75/15...

hmmm its tough.. yes.. no. Wait, yes, nonononono

yes.

Who said people on 2+2 are sarcastic again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have no read. Do I push this against a 75/15...

hmmm its tough.. yes.. no. Wait, yes, nonononono

yes.

Who said people on 2+2 are sarcastic again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-08-2005, 02:04 PM

I'm curious about cold calling early position raisers with these kinds of cards. Do you do this a lot? Is it truly profitable?

For every example like this, I have to believe there are 10 or 12 where you completely miss the flop and are down 4BB. A bunch where you get a draw and lose a substantial pot, etc.

Just wondering what your general plan for post-flop play with these kinds of hands is.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about cold calling early position raisers with these kinds of cards. Do you do this a lot? Is it truly profitable?

For every example like this, I have to believe there are 10 or 12 where you completely miss the flop and are down 4BB. A bunch where you get a draw and lose a substantial pot, etc.

Just wondering what your general plan for post-flop play with these kinds of hands is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Facing a raise in a 4-handed game with a suited connector on the button is almost always playable. The general plan is to play poker (duh). Sometimes that means folding to a flop bet, sometimes it means raising with bottom pair, sometimes it means calling with nothing to take it away on the turn, sometimes it means flopping two pair and not getting paid, sometimes it means flopping one pair and erroneously folding the best hand; sometimes it means something else.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had I been raising on a naked flush or straight draw, he would've forced me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isnt the point of the original post, but wouldnt it be better for villain to smooth-call your raise, and bet you out of the pot on a safe turn? That would blow your nice draw to pieces, is a good defence against the flop semi-bluff with the bog-standard draw, and he'll lose his stack against a 2-pair/set anyway.

Ojo_Rojo
Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leaving that table is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think villain had a nice read on Ghaz's play and got him to stick it in as a very slight dog. There are easier places to make money than against someone who might have just outplayed you. I have no problem with the hit n run here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ghaz had best hnad
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leaving that table is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think villain had a nice read on Ghaz's play and got him to stick it in as a very slight dog. There are easier places to make money than against someone who might have just outplayed you. I have no problem with the hit n run here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ghaz had best hnad

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed (I didn't remember the OESFD), but if you feel your opponent is reading you better than you are reading him isn't leaving to find a better game a good option? (Not saying this is what Ghazban did)

Edit -- Why do thread labeled as (LC) always seem to generate the best discussion?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had I been raising on a naked flush or straight draw, he would've forced me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isnt the point of the original post, but wouldnt it be better for villain to smooth-call your raise, and bet you out of the pot on a safe turn? That would blow your nice draw to pieces, is a good defence against the flop semi-bluff with the bog-standard draw, and he'll lose his stack against a 2-pair/set anyway.

Ojo_Rojo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what you mention is the standard way to play it.

3betting allin in a 4handed game isn't horrible, either, because you can make alot of live hands fold and still get called by some top pair (but weaker kickers)

like if ghaz cold called with AQ or AJ he goes broke here to AK..

I think both hero and villain played their hands well, although I probably would've folded in Ghaz's position preflop, occaisonally reraised, and least likely called.