Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2005, 05:54 PM

Default What\'s the difference

Okay, I play 11's and only break even (about 300-400 tourneys so far). As far as I can tell, I don't know what the heck I can do better. What's killing me is making a ton of 4's. According to stat expectations you guys have quoted here, I should have pocketed about 600-1000 bucks so far.

The sad thing, I KNOW I am playing better than the average player at those tables. I play super tight early. I value bet well. I don't give draws the right odds. I don't play low pairs late. I am aggressive with good cards. I see players playing the dumbest cards, cold calling raises 3bb or more with marginal hands, etc. Yet, I am breaking even.

So I try to analyze this. I think playing very tight aggressive early is right, and i wouldn't change it (right?). Since I am getiting blinded to death and getting too many 4ths (outlasting the goobers), would you say I am playing too tight in the mid levels (25-50 on..)? Any recs for moving beyond breaking even?

I guess I should be happy that I am breaking even because at least I keep enough money to play and learn, but I honestly can't see a major leak in my game. I am well read, with about 150k hands under my belt (I know that doesn't make me an "experienced" player, but it certainly doesn't make me an "inexperienced newbie" either). What can I do to move up to the next level.