Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i realise that they can do whatever they want. But what is the probability of them allowing my withdrawal to go through? Its prima btw.

thanks for the help!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so screwed dude.

Prima steals money from people who don't break any rules.

Imagine what they will do with someone who has broken the rules.

Who knows maybe they will pay you..
Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. He's 17. That's only two years younger than me. And I am certainly not a "little kid."

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a little kid
Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM

There are alot of 16-24 year old gamers who are kicking the snot out of alot of 30-40 year old donks who watch poker on ESPN and then sign up for Party.

Never knew this board so full of such old farts.

(I'm a week from 25 btw).
Old 12-12-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. He's 17. That's only two years younger than me. And I am certainly not a "little kid."

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a little kid

[/ QUOTE ]

are not!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like a visa check card? You can't have one of those until you're 18. And you can't deposit with a MAC or STAR card or anything. So whose did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in the UK FYI
I used by own card.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, not all teenagers are little kids. I have better money management than half of the donks I play with. I've been playing poker since last July and have had some moderate success. I have won between $7000-$8000 (didn't keep track of my arly withdrawals). I say that not all teenagers are little kids is because I am 16. Sixteen. I make more money playing poker than all my friends do working for $7.25 at Target (however I did just get a real job). You must be thinking, darn kids these days - all they do is sit in front of the computer screen! Well no. A "kid" is allowed to be 1)Smart 2)Have good morals and be 3)Social.

Please, younger kids do not pose any threat to you at the poker table whatsoever. They are just another name sitting behind a computer someonwhere in the world, playing the exact same game you older ppl are, with the exact same rules, seeing the exact same cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

smartalecc I cant PM you, do you have a AIM SN?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's say you go on holiday with your girlfriend, who is exactly one day younger than you, to California, our most liberal state, and probably our most sexually liberated. The legal age of consent for sex in California is 18, and there is no defense to prosecution based on the relative age of the participants. So, under California law, if you and your girlfriend have sex one minute before midnight on your 18th birthday, while she is still 17, then you have committed a felony and can be sent to prison for several years. Wait one minute before inserting, and it's perfectly legal.

I don't agree with a lot of laws, but laws tend to have bright lines rather than leave their interpretation up to individuals. Sort of like poker.

Personally, I could care less if you play online poker. But when you do, and get caught, and lose your money, don't come whining here. And for sure don't go raising a big stink about it, because as several others have said, that's exactly what the right wingers are looking for as an excuse to shut down online poker--protecting the innocent little kiddies.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Is this your first cashout? I think your mistake was waiting to cash out such a huge sum when you knew you were already at risk by being underage. I have never dealt with prima but it sounds like their CS sucks. I have no advice for you. But I am interested to see what happens. If you get screwed, lesson learned. Redeposit somewhere else when you turn 18 with your minwage from target.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 PM

On another note. If I was 40 and had a pretty bright 15 year old. I would set up an account for him to play poker for money. I would take 50 percent for backing him of course.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM

I don't think playing online poker under age in the UK is illegal per se, just against TOS - the purpose of the laws against under age gambling is to protect the under-age person so it's most unlikely that the minor is himself committing a criminal offence.
Those under-age folks who occasionally 'win' the National Lottery don't get paid out, but they aren't arrested either...

Providing a fake ID to an offshore poker company isn't a great idea but off the top of my head the only applicable offence I can think of is obtaining monies by deception and as they are 'your' monies anyway I'm not so sure that anyone is going to care very much..the company is only asking for proof of ID to comply with money luandering regs not because they are hyper-vigilant about under age players
Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 PM

My friend had the same situation some time back.