Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Contender rematch tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Bonsonte was up like 45-9 on puches in one round?!

Now I remember why I don't watch boxing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not anymore after tonight...
Old 10-16-2005, 02:48 AM

Tonight proved that any sport decided by judges is nothing but a total sham. And I consider 1-A college football to also be a sport decided by judges.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The judging was awful all night long. How did Manfredo not win!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievably bad judging. Boxing has had this problem for a while. I really wish boxing would die out and MMA would take its place. MMA is 100x more interesting.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:40 PM

No, because if MMA ever became as popular as boxing, Don King/equivalent would get involved so none of the good fighters would ever agree to fight each other, each PPV would have 1 good fight at the most instead of 4 or 5 like MMA, and even if the top guys did fight, the decision would always be rigged such that the only way the lower profile guy would win was by KO, and the high profile guy knowing this would fight a boring fight to avoid being knocked out.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, because if MMA ever became as popular as boxing, Don King/equivalent would get involved so none of the good fighters would ever agree to fight each other, each PPV would have 1 good fight at the most instead of 4 or 5 like MMA, and even if the top guys did fight, the decision would always be rigged such that the only way the lower profile guy would win was by KO, and the high profile guy knowing this would fight a boring fight to avoid being knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad but true.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a discrace to boxing tonight. Manfredo clearly wins the fight and also Bonsante clearly wins the fight and it goes the other way. Mora looked like crap after the fight and during the fight...bleeding swollen and Manfredo looked fresh the whole fight no cuts or anything. I had the fight 6 rounds to 2 in favor of Manfredo and the box office score card was the same. Bonsante won every round IMO and in the box office score card. This totally destroys the Contender and what it stands for and boxing for that matter. I dont know what planet these judges were from tonight but it was a discrace to boxing and its fans everywhere. Terrible...

EDIT: To add to that Manfredo threw and landed more punches than Mora. Also, Mora didnt even have a jab...Manfredo controlled the whole fight. I am so [censored] pissed right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I say? Boxing is stupid.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a discrace to boxing tonight. Manfredo clearly wins the fight and also Bonsante clearly wins the fight and it goes the other way. Mora looked like crap after the fight and during the fight...bleeding swollen and Manfredo looked fresh the whole fight no cuts or anything. I had the fight 6 rounds to 2 in favor of Manfredo and the box office score card was the same. Bonsante won every round IMO and in the box office score card. This totally destroys the Contender and what it stands for and boxing for that matter. I dont know what planet these judges were from tonight but it was a discrace to boxing and its fans everywhere. Terrible...

EDIT: To add to that Manfredo threw and landed more punches than Mora. Also, Mora didnt even have a jab...Manfredo controlled the whole fight. I am so [censored] pissed right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I say? Boxing is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I say? You are a moron and should go kill yourself as you are a waste of space... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]