Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Default SSHE or HEFAP when moving up limits???

Right now I am playing the 3-6 limits and am quite pleased with my results(both online and B&M). I will be moving up limits in a few months to test the waters at 10-20 or 12-24.

The question I have is this: I have used the strategies offered in SSHE when playing the low limit game. Should I continue to use the strategy and advice from SSHE for a tight table, or should I go ahead and read HEFAP??

Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: SSHE or HEFAP when moving up limits???

It really depends on the quality of your opposition. If your opponents are playing too many hands and going to far with them then SSH will be better for you. If they are generally playing correctly then HEFAP is for you. The actual betting limits which are being played don't really matter...
Old 02-15-2005, 12:10 AM

that sounds reasonable enough. I thumbed through the HEFAP, and it is vastly different from SSHE. Looks like I'll pick that one up soon. That's cool, I really enjoy reading poker books!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 AM

First, scout the games you'll be playing in. If the players are still loose-passives who are calling too many hands before the flop and going to the river with them, then HEPFAP won't be of much use. If they seem like very solid players, then HEPFAP will be critical.