Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Flop play with KJs

Grunch.

First off, how would you play the hand if 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the turn? Would you be scared of the flush? If you are, you should fold right here.

Anyway, to get our straight on the river we have a 15,63% chance along with the 4,07% of hitting a runner runner flush. Current pot is 8 and will be 10sb if you call. Let's say SB folds here. Another bet to call on the turn if you don't hit your straight but hit another club comes. Let's see:

In case a club comes you call 1,5BB and fold the river unimproved to win a 7bb pot by the turn. Since you will only make your flush/straight by the river 1 in 4 times (that is if a second club comes on the turn) and you will get the odds of 4,66-1 I like calling here. And to call the flop, the odds just don't quite match up to it but with implied odds and all, I call too.

Call the flop, fold turn UI.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop and fold turn UI

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Call the flop and call one back if raised, fold the turn UI. Backdoor nut flush draw and gutshot draw (discounting the Th), along with the possibility that your K is a good out.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, how would you play the hand if 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the turn? Would you be scared of the flush? If you are, you should fold right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not the way to look at it, sure someone may hit a flush, but just b/c there are 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s doesn't mean it has to be a flush. We can discount our T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out, and we still have around 4-5 outs. We are getting 9-1 on the call, plus may get another call or two. Not to mention the nice pay off we get from the lag if we hit our gutshot. I say it's a call.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 AM

9:1 dont justify a call on the flop here. We need like 10-1 to make the call. And if we discounts the T of hearts we need to have even higher than 10-1 to call. Im not sure how aggressive villain is but with implied odds it may work out. That's why I think it's a fold if hero is scared of the T of hearts here. Calling wont be good then since the odds dont justify that.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
9:1 dont justify a call on the flop here. We need like 10-1 to make the call. And if we discounts the T of hearts we need to have even higher than 10-1 to call. Im not sure how aggressive villain is but with implied odds it may work out. That's why I think it's a fold if hero is scared of the T of hearts here. Calling wont be good then since the odds dont justify that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still have the backdoor nut flush draw, this gives you another 1.5 outs. Even if you discount the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fully (which you should absolutely NOT be doing), I think the implied odds still make this a clear call. I would discount the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]approximately 0.25 outs.