Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Eli Manning

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also said Strahan's play on D was also a major factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ignoring their *other* pro-bowl DE?

[/ QUOTE ]no, I think Strahan is the catalyst though.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also said Strahan's play on D was also a major factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ignoring their *other* pro-bowl DE?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best name in pro sports, Osi Umenyiora; he will make the pro bowl though people will claim it is because of Straham.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:54 PM

Not to compare their talents, but I think some of that attitude is because Strahan already grossly inflated another DE in Chad Bratzke.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't believe those clowns at CBS all picked the Chiefs to win on Saturday. The Chiefs lost to the Cowboys the week before, and the Giants came off a tough road win at Philly that restored their faith in Feely Goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Giants also lost a bunch of lineman, their best linebacker, and were playing one of the best rushing attacks in the league. If you "canb't believe" that people picked the Chiefs, then I'm not sure if you've ever picked against the Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that at least one of the four (Greg, Dan, Shannon, and Boomer) would have picked the Giants. Why? Because KC can't win on the road against a decent team. Their road wins are against Oakland, Miami, and Houston. They lost at Buffalo five weeks ago, and they lost at Dallas the week before. Meanwhile, the Giants have only lost once at home (that ridiculous Minnesota game.) They've beaten Denver and Dallas at home. If that KC-Giants game was at Arrowhead, I could understand all those guys picking the Chiefs.

Also, the Giants are run stuffers. (Research time) Giants D is ranked #11 against the run, 105 YPG. They held Shaun Alexander to 110 and Clinton Portis to 4. Tomlinson is the only RB to light them up all season (190, 3 TDs.) In the KC game, Johnson got 167 with two scores. So you can argue that the rushing attack was successful...but not successful enough.

Yes, I am a diehard Giants fan, but I didn't think the Giants would win at Seattle (and they should have...eleven false starts and three missed FGs?) I was leery of Giants at Dallas, and they somehow tied it to send it into overtime (though they lost.) I didn't think they'd win at San Diego either.

As far as why the G-men are successful this year, there's another reason Tiki's having a great year. They got Plaxico - the deep threat the Giants were missing last year (Toomer's increased involvement helps too.) Opposing defenses can't stack the box any more.

ScottieK
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM

that is why too much solid reasoning and common sense, that is not needed in this forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that is why too much solid reasoning and common sense, that is not needed in this forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive the chess player and financial analyst coming out in me. Let me try again.

I called all those CBS guys CLOWNS because I'm a GIANTS fan and I can't stand my team getting dissed on TV like that! I'm sure Chris Berman woulda picked the New York Football Giants just 'cause he likes saying "the Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Men!"

F'n Dan Marino.

ScottieK
Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 PM

I hate CBS. The Jets could be playing a high school team and Marino would predict the Jets will lose.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

F'n Dan Marino.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate CBS. The Jets could be playing a high school team and Marino would predict the Jets will lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who wouldn't?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive the chess player and financial analyst coming out in me. Let me try again.

I called all those CBS guys CLOWNS because I'm a GIANTS fan and I can't stand my team getting dissed on TV like that! I'm sure Chris Berman woulda picked the New York Football Giants just 'cause he likes saying "the Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Men!"

F'n Dan Marino.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

BRILLIANT!!!