Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-17-2005, 10:32 PM

Default 2 hands, questioning whether to fold.

Played 70 hands on this table and have won only 1. Terrible cards and havent been in many pots - only having raised preflop once on the table!

BB has been on the table about an orbit and hasnt shown a hand yet.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

No reads, only 5th hand on table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero ???
Old 12-17-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: 2 hands, questioning whether to fold.

Hand #1 I usually fold the flop when the board is that ragged and rainbow and you only have 2 outs. As you played it I don't see how you can fold the river, though I wouldn't expect to win very often.
Hand #2 - usually raise PF, but whatever. I'll usually fold to that turn raise without a read.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2 - usually raise PF, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the standard line in this forum is AGGRESSION TO THE MAX, but I disagree with you 100%.

SSH doesnt recommend it either.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the standard line in this forum is AGGRESSION TO THE MAX, but I disagree with you 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does SSH assume 2 unknown limpers, a CO poster and SB completer? But again - whatever - I'm not that guy who throws up when somebody limps KQo UTG.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:55 PM

Hand 1- seems an easy bet to me
Hand 2- need a preflop raise, call the turn raise.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does SSH assume 2 unknown limpers, a CO poster and SB completer? But again - whatever - I'm not that guy who throws up when somebody limps KQo UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the decision to raise here is probably a narrow equity decision and probably leans slightly towards not raising if ignoring position. Given our position disadvantage and that this pot is going to be 5-way, I think checking PF is fine.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play much fullring, but my usual rule is to raise 2limpers, check 3 or more, raise with KQs vs any number

hand1: call the river
hand2: fold the turn
Old 12-18-2005, 01:16 PM

I folded both.

Hand 2 seemed an easy fold.

Hand 1 I though villian had a queen on the flop and if he 3bet I was looking to ditch. His check call on the turn convinced me he had the queen but was going to showdown thinking I had AA or KK and I was planning on checking through the river. When he lead out I thought, well if he had a queen he shouldve gone for the check raise, but then I thought what I would do iif I had a queen and I would lead also because I dont want it checked through. Taking that into account I folded.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played 70 hands on this table and have won only 1. Terrible cards and havent been in many pots - only having raised preflop once on the table!

BB has been on the table about an orbit and hasnt shown a hand yet.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

No reads, only 5th hand on table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1 sucks, looks like BB had a weak Q. I think you have to call though, just in case he's the type to bet out with anything and bluff whenever the board pairs.

Hand 2, I think I'm calling down vs. an unknown.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:54 PM

Hand 1: fold the river. BB has a Q, evidenced by his check/call on the turn. He'd check/call anything except an overcard on the river, and when the 2nd Q hit, he knows HHIG.

Hand 2: I'd check/call to the river. He can be pushing a K with good kicker.

In his position, I sometimes raise in situations like this when a scare card comes to try to take it down with a K-mediocre kicker. Not often, though.