Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM

Default 2+2 private tourney - any interest?

I tried this thread in the Small Satkes NL forum, but I think this may be the better place for it. Pokerroom and Stars (maybe other sites as well?) have the option of setting up private tournaments. You control the buy in amount, freezout out or rebuy's; how frequently blinds increase, full table or short-handed etc...very customizable.

I thought it would be a cool idea to get a 2+2 private tournament going...smaller stakes - maybe a $20-$50 buy in. Should make for some interesting hand discussions as well as, of course, serious bragging rights. If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to set this up. Let me know

Doug
Old 12-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 2+2 private tourney - any interest?

i've got a name for it: king of the zoo.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:13 PM

I'm all in.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 PM

Keep us updated I am interested
Old 12-02-2005, 01:52 PM

This already exists in two different ways. There are three weekly 2+2 tourneys on Pokerstars. Two on Wednesday nite called Atlantic Trout and Pacific Trout starting at 8 and 10 pm est respectively and a HU trout tourney on Thursday nite not sur of the time. These tourneys are usually sticky posted in the MTT and STT boards every week. We usually get about 15 players and it would be much better with more so you're welcome to join us.

And as another poster has already said there is KOTZ King of the Zoo. Zoo is the internet forum. There are about 16 of these tourneys scheduled throughout the year usually on Thursday nite, had one last nite in fact. You need to have a minimum of 20 posts or something like that to qualify. Check Zoo for details and this link.

link
Old 12-02-2005, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the response. I am pretty new to posting in this forum...was unaware that this type of tournament already takes place.