Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Wireless mouse?

[ QUOTE ]

Buster & Skunks:

Are there any advantages to the MX1000 over the MX700? I thought the MX700 woudl be fine, but damn, it shounds like you boys are creaming your pants over this mouse

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, this is my first wireless mouse. All I know is that it works and there's no lag. However, I would still use this mouse even if it were wired, it fits my hand like a glove and the utility of the bottons is fantastic.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:30 AM

Holy [censored]! I just checked out the MX1000 on their site. I feel like getting a new mouse now! Biggest difference is that it's a laser mouse, instead of LED. Supposed to be 20x sample rate possible compared with standard optical. It also looks pretty sweet, though the MX700 is good looking too.

[ QUOTE ]
> Logitech® MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
Features: Application Switch • Cordless • Cruise Control™ buttons • Internet Forward/Back • Laser Technology • MX™ Optical Engine • Mac • PC • PS/2 • Rechargeable • Right-Handed Comfort Grip • Tilt Wheel Plus Zoom • USB

The World´s First Laser Mouse. With 20x the tracking power of optical sensors, the Logitech® MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse takes tracking precision to a revolutionary new level. Step up to laser and experience the next great advancement in mouse technology!

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin
Old 12-16-2004, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any advantages to the MX1000 over the MX700? I thought the MX700 woudl be fine, but damn, it shounds like you boys are creaming your pants over this mouse

[/ QUOTE ]

The MX700 I believe is heavier. I never really liked the MX700, although at the time I thought the rechargable base was pretty nifty. It just seemed too heavy, too bulky, and not very comfortable to my hand.

The MX1000 looks like it's bulky as well, but there's a nice thumb scoop that allows you to cradle the mouse nicely. It looks a lot bigger than it actually feels. So yes, it's very comfortable. Not only that, but it glides really well on my mousepad, and there's no lag or any "skipping" that used to occur on the older, crappier optical mice. I've always held off on optical because I thought the technology was still maturing...

On a side note, I had a coworker who bought the MX900 Bluetooth optical mouse and he complained about lag. If it comes down to buying a mouse, go with the MX1000. If you want a wireless keyboard + mouse combo, the Duo MX is probably appropriate. I just really wanted the MX1000, and since they don't bundle it with any other keyboard, I bought it separately. JUST BUY IT. It's only 35 BB at 1/2. That's a minor afternoon downswing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2004, 04:40 AM

MX700 vs MX1000

The MX700 uses a regular old LED to sense the movement while the MX1000 uses a laser. What's the difference...not a whole lot but here you go: Anyone with a regular optical mouse will tell you if you try mousing on glossy surfaces or surfaces with some texture or certain color patterns the mouse gets a big jumpy. With a laser mouse you don't have these issues. Thats about it, so unless you hate using a mouse pad on your glossy desk or you absolutely need to do gaming on your sofa chair you don't really need the laser tech in the mx1000. Both these mice use the same harware engine so they'll have virtually identical performace on a good surface. The MX### mice are super bad ass and are the best out there in terms of wireless mice. Don't buy some microsoft crap or some other BS once you try the these mice they are the best. I'm bought the several microsoft wireless mice and they all blow. I've heard they've finally incorporated the dual sensor setup the the MX mice have but I'm will to bet they did a piss poor job.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:48 AM

Doesn't seem to matter where I put the receiver... I bought a package from dell, it was included there. /v
Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 AM

My problem is when I multitable the mouse doesn't respond fast enough. But that wouldn't be a problem with this "magic mouse" you're refering to? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] /v
Old 12-16-2004, 05:13 AM

Don't need the "magic mouse" My MX700 works fine for multitabling, and i'm sure that any of the logitechs would

freakin
Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 AM

Right on!

I have the MX700 and don't plan on upgrading to the MX1000 until this one breaks.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:29 AM

Perfect! Thanks. /v
Old 12-16-2004, 05:58 AM

I set my mouse to a max sensitivity (a side effect from too much FPS games) and can't deal with wireless mice because they're typically a bit heavier and larger than wired optical mice.

However I do have a few Logitech cordless mice for other computers and have never experience any lag though.