Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: What\'s the dumbest bet you\'ve ever made?

A friend of mine was 100% positive that the Super Bowl MVP had to be on the winning team. I even tried to explain to him why I thought this was untrue, but he thinks he is never wrong, so we put up some small amount of money.

We go on the internet, and it's like the 3rd or 4th SB, I believe it was Roger Staubach who was the SB MVP on the losing team.

Not really a dumb bet, but certainly the dumbest thing I've ever bet on.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing spades with asofel as my partner.

Me: "$20 says you'll pick up the next 4 tricks"
asofel: "Dude, I can see my cards, there's no way I can do that"
Me: "Sure you can. Take the bet"
asofel: "Uhh... ok"

Loses next trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha....i was just about to point you to this thread and say "own up punk"....well done....
Old 12-22-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Bill Goldberg was on his undefeated streak, a friend bet me that Diamond Dallas Page would beat him. Free money is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took an actual tazer to take him down by Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) to finally do it to I believe
Old 12-22-2005, 11:40 AM

I bet that Barry Sanders would break the all-time rushing record. 10 cents for every yard short vs 5 cents for every yard over. He retired a month later and I lost $150. I hate that guy! Quitter!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 AM

any bet with Tyler Durden... oh wait, those are the dumbest bets for him.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM

I bet one of my friends a dollar (like 1/10 of my net worth at the time) that the Broncos would beat the Redskins in the Super Bowl (they ended up losing like 49-10 or something). I was a degenerate gambler even in elementary school!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:51 AM

I was drinking with a few friends around a hotel pool late at night.

One friend said that as a kid he used to be able to swim underwater for aaaaages and boasted he could do 4 underwater laps of the pool. Pool was 20m's not too sure how far that is in feet, but 80m is a long way.

So we all had about $100 riding on the bet and watched him try and he managed nearly three laps which was pretty impressive. We all had a good laugh at the guys expense and went back to swimming and drinking.

None of us are paying any attention but the guy gives it a second try. We are all having a good time until one of the guy spots him face down floating in the water. I dragged him out and checked for breathing and there was the slightest wisp of a breath. I was thinking $%$%! I'm gonna have to give him mouth to mouth. Just then he gasps, splutters and jumps to his feet, off the planet wanting to fight us. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

We all laughed, but it was a releived laugh. we all thought we had killed him for a stupid bet.

On a side note, I'm up to three people now that I have tried to fish out of the water. Only one has survived unfortunately, I don't think I would make the cut for Baywatch.

Granite
Old 12-22-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure Uallgointap and Juha Helpi were flipping quarters for 1K a toss on the last night of last year's Bahamas trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that really qualify as a "dumb bet?" I mean, yeah, it's pointless gambling but no one's really taking the worst of it or anything.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:59 AM

Two that I can think of.

One was a "fantasy golf" bet with three other guys. We picked four golfers in the 2002 US Open, and we combined total scores (golfers that didn't make the cut received 80's for the last two days.) Winner was lowest total score. Our golf addict friend picked four guys who finished in the top eight, winning easily. Two of my guys didn't make the cut.

Another bet: I bet $20 that the line in Rounders was "They even closed down his regular club, the Four Shea's. The place hadn't been open since 1908." Don't ask why.

ScottieK
Old 12-22-2005, 12:10 PM

damn dude, you've got 2 *'s.

mmmmmmmmm i'm gonnnnnnna telllllllllllllll