Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY\'S PROBLEM?

[ QUOTE ]
This is the lamest fishing trip ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. A long time ago, I went on a potluck trip with my dad out of Berkeley. We drift-fished in the Bay, then hit the South Tower, then a couple of spots down the coast. I one hookup cut me off under the boat, I hooked a salmon that got stolen by a seal, and I got violently seasick.

THAT was the lamest fishing trip ever.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah. A long time ago, I went on a potluck trip with my dad out of Berkeley. We drift-fished in the Bay, then hit the South Tower, then a couple of spots down the coast. I one hookup cut me off under the boat, I hooked a salmon that got stolen by a seal, and I got violently seasick.

[/ QUOTE ]
BAH, my buddy and i took these girls fishing to this pond "to get them alone," since the pond was secluded and kind of, dare i say, romantic. anyway, about an hour into fishing my buddies date gets a bite but apparently she isn't much of a fisherman and isn't holding on to the pole. the rod and reel goes flying into the pond and my buddy is pissed cause we ended up spending the rest of the night trying to fish the pole out of the pond instead of [censored] the chicks so his dad wouldn't beat his ass [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. THAT was the lamest fishing trip ever.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your collective foots

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
relax d00d, he's just saying it's a cool symbol as long as you can look past the fact that it stands for nazis

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. The shape itself has some interesting properties. It is symetrical and has its center of gravity in the center of the symbol, but somehow feels 'weighted', as if it pulling itself into a spinning motion. If you slide over the four inner line segments, it becomes a square; or if you unfold the same inner four line segments, you get same result. Spin an overlapping Z-shaped half of it and it merges onto itself after a 90 degree turn. Spin one-half of it, divided diagonally, and it merges onto itself after a 180 degree turn.

I actually find the shape more asthetically pleasing and mathemtically interesting than the Christian cross. Is that blasphemy? You'd have to be incredibly stupid to take this to mean that I think Nazis are somehow better than Christians.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BAH, my buddy and i took these girls fishing to this pond "to get them alone," since the pond was secluded and kind of, dare i say, romantic. anyway, about an hour into fishing my buddies date gets a bite but apparently she isn't much of a fisherman and isn't holding on to the pole. the rod and reel goes flying into the pond and my buddy is pissed cause we ended up spending the rest of the night trying to fish the pole out of the pond instead of [censored] the chicks so his dad wouldn't beat his ass [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. THAT was the lamest fishing trip ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

I guess after beer and condoms, "keeping the drag loose" wasn't too high on the list?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 PM

DAT THREAD MAKE ME MAD. MAKE ME CRY ON MY BALLS!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Most insightful, Cricket. Zen Master smiles down upon you.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:55 PM

Don't bring up old bullshit like this to troll the forum with.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
about an hour into fishing my buddies date gets a bite but apparently she isn't much of a fisherman and isn't holding on to the pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she was busy holding some other pole.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I was scanning the 2+2 archives the other day, as is my want...

[/ QUOTE ]

COSELL: ...and another three-and-out for the Chiefs, as has been their wont, and the punting unit returns to the field.

MEREDITH: Want?

COSELL: Wont. W-O-N-T.

MEREDITH: (looks stumped)

COSELL: (annoyed) The education of Dandy Don continues, we await the punt.