FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I have done
Fold 41 53.25%
Call 8 10.39%
Push 28 36.36%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 PM

Default QQ checkraised on turn

You just sat down at a table with players youve never seen before. Youre the CO and get dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 calls, <font color="red">you raise</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.
the flop comes 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">you bet</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls. Turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP1 checks, <font color="red">you bet</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises</font>. You...

Same table
Youre UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. <font color="red">you raise</font>, CO calls, and SB calls. The flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and <font color="red">SB bets</font>. You...

edit: Hm after writing this post the answers seem to be clear, but maybe im wrong...
Old 01-27-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: QQ checkraised on turn

it would be nice if you tell me the reasons why you voted for a particular option...

(yes its a bump)
Old 01-27-2005, 04:32 PM

I'm raising the Q's because I dont beleive in the flush yet, and I want to protect. There's only 2 opp's, so it's not likely there's a made flush yet, but it's a lot more possible someone's drawing to one more [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm raising the jacks as well, to see if SB really likes his hand or not. You might be able to get CO to fold. If SB 3bets, I'm folding. If he calls I might bet the turn to try to make him fold one last time, if he raises me I'm gone. If he calls I try to get a free SD.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM

I'm calling in #1, and folding in #2. If there were a flush draw or reasonable draw (non-gutshot) in #2, I'd be more likely to raise the flop or the turn, depending on what I knew about CO and his likelihood of folding.

I'm calling in #1 rather than raising because 2-pr is quite likely here, as is a flush. I think raising is bad HU because you'll get 3-bet against hands you have adequate outs against often enough to push you off what is/would be the winner.

Rob
Old 01-27-2005, 09:38 PM

hand 1: call
hand 2: fold

i see no reason to raise HU in hand 1. it seems like a call or fold decision.

hand 2, 8 SB's in the pot.. it will cost 4-5 to see a showdown so you have to be good or improve roughly 1 in 4 times.. eh, use the protected pot to fold this one.