Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Pocket Rockets Played Right or Wrong?

This freakin pissed me off because I got d/c off my laptop on the turn so I didn't have time to respond.

Okay for this hand, I thought it would be okay to slow play this because there was nothing scary on the board.

My question is, should you ALWAYS bet this hand regardless of whether it'll just make everyone fold out on the flop if the flop is as ugly as this?

SB seems to be tight weak as I can tell from previous hands (around 10 to 15 hands)

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 01-21-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Pocket Rockets Played Right or Wrong?

Bet the flop. No question you bet the flop.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:46 AM

Why is the entire micro crowd checking good flops all of the suddon? Bet the flop!

Brad
Old 01-21-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This freakin pissed me off because I got d/c off my laptop on the turn so I didn't have time to respond.

Okay for this hand, I thought it would be okay to slow play this because there was nothing scary on the board.

My question is, should you ALWAYS bet this hand regardless of whether it'll just make everyone fold out on the flop if the flop is as ugly as this?

SB seems to be tight weak as I can tell from previous hands (around 10 to 15 hands)

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Please please please bet the flop! Please stop slowplaying. You don't need to do it. If these players will call your preflop raise, they will call your flop bet. You are ahead of every hand except for 99, 33, 22. Even when the 9 falls on the turn I bet/raise, because who is going to check through top pair? Maybe SB wanted to check raise you, but you don't know because you didn't give him a chance. Next time find out. And if he does, 3-bet.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:52 AM

In general you should only slowplay when the pot is small (its big here with your preflop raise), a free card isn't likely to beat you (you lost the turn if anybody has a 9), AND the players are not likely to give you action if you bet the flop (most micro-limit players call like crazy).
Old 01-21-2005, 05:13 AM

Read this thread, bet the flop, and recharge your laptop battery more often!

Regards,
-Brian
Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 AM

This sucks. Bet. Bet. Bet.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:38 AM

as everyone said, bet the flop. i would also bet/raise the turn. Players at that limits love to bluff scary boards. You should read SSH cause this is a BIG leak in you play. Post some more hands...
Old 01-21-2005, 10:52 AM

Maybe there's nothing scary on the board and you're way ahead now, but what do you think will happen when your opponents use the free card to improve to two pair/straight/trips?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Forgot to addd - a slowplay here would be for top set, and that's marginal because of the connected cards.