Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Multi-tabling On One Monitor

Hey all,

Been Lurkin' a while and I thought i'd add something to the discourse. I, like many other SSH players probably, have only one monitor. I would like to Multi-table but the problem of overlap comes into play. So I started searching for a program that would allow one to expand their desktop and lo and behold, someone wrote a program to do just this.

The program is called SDesk(Scrollable Desktop) and it has just the right price(free [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). This program allows you to create a virtual screen that is many times the size of your monitor.

The default setup gives you a virtual screen that is 4 times as wide and 2 times as tall as your original screen. The way you move around the virtual screen is by dragging your mouse at the edge of the screen. The screen then scrolls in the direction of the drag. I have tried it with 4 tables open on PokerRoom and it works wonderfully.

The default setup does not follow the mouse though so you have to do the following...

1. Run the program
2. Right click the program window and select customize menu.
3. In the left window find "Toggle Follow Mouse Cursor"
4. Click the ">>>>" button.
5. Click OK
6. Right Click the program window and select "Toggle Follow Mouse Cursor"

The website for the software is here... SDesk

It's really nifty and I hope you guys like it as much as i do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Multi-tabling On One Monitor

Interesting.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:14 PM

I notice that u can set hotkeys to jump to different regions on the screen, seems very cool. Was it pretty easy to keep track of all the tables? I cant download it to this computer so I am not going to be able to try it out for another week. Anyway thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:28 PM

I can do that without any kind of program just increasing the resolution but i feel very annoying the surfing over the screen.(the hotkeying system would be interesting)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:51 PM

It seemed pretty easy to keep track of the tables...if you tile them together you can kind of look at the center of the cross they create to watch most of everything on 4 tables at once.

I don't know if other sites have this but if you set the option where the window jumps to the front when its your turn, you can use the taskbar to watch which tables are coming up. If you can't see the table that its your action on, you can set a hotkey that jumps to the active window on the desktop. So you can click on the taskbar, hit the hotkey, and you will be there...pretty cool...

Snowmen: i thought of this too, but I don't think people with specific monitor profiles in their device manager can do this...the resolution gets limited to the maximum resolution of the monitor profile.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:23 PM

Just to clarify, u can actually set it to jump to the active window?

Say u are multi tabling at party and its your turn at the table, u can hit the hot key and it jumps to it? Thats actually pretty cool if it true.

I know its a poormans multitabling way of going about it, but I aint rich and it works. Besides if u are good I suppose u can eventually make enough to buy dual monitors. Anyway let me know. Thanks again for the heads up.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 PM

I believe so...as long as party has an option which will pop the window on which its your action. Then you can set a hotkey that will jump to it. It works that way with PokerRoom.com [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 PM

Sweet. Again thanks for the heads up. You are a beautiful beautiful man.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:39 PM

i realized that if you have a high mouse sense its nearly impossible to use "Toggle Follow Mouse Cursor". If you want to scroll by using hotkeys you have to do the following:
1. define all regions: Right click -> Mark Current region -> Enter all informations you need (e.g. color: blue, name: Table 1...)
2. define your hotkeys to scroll: Right click -> Define Actions -> Hit "Move one desktop to the left (/up/right/down) -> Define the keys on the bottom and klick apply
Important: Notice that if you use for example "K" to move right, it will always move right even if you write or so. So use keys you usually dont need.
Tip: I used strg+up(/down/...) and bound them on my extra-mouse buttons

Do anyone know if its possible to hit a hotkey and go directly to a specific table. E.g. If i hit the 4 i move to table 4.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 AM

When you set hotkeys, they are universal...so the program looks for everytime you press the 4 key...So i guess if you never use the 4 key for anything else you can set it as the hotkey for your 4th table...but i'd probably advise against it...