Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Probably a really dumb (Edit:) PREflop call...but how bout the rest?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

<font color="blue">BB is a maniac. UTG+1 is looking like a rock after just 30 hands (making my preflop call even dumber). </font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 01-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Probably a really dumb (Edit:) PREflop call...but how bout the rest?

i would call with this out out of the small blind, but be very careful unless you flop 2 pr because neither of your outs are very clean. the rest of the hand is standard. nice hand
Old 01-23-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Probably a really dumb (Edit:) PREflop call...but how bout the rest?

I'm not too sure on the flop play. I don't think with your position your going to get a free card on the turn and with 2 customers your not getting correct odds to make it 3 bets.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Probably a really dumb (Edit:) PREflop call...but how bout the res

i dont like 3-betting the flop. You only have 2 callers and given the chance that somone has a set or will have one if a A or 9 comes (so will have a boat more often), the chance that BB folds when its 2 bets back to him (even if he is a maniac) and the fact that some of your outs arent clean you should just call.