Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Smart or not? (probably not:-)

Hi everyone - i was just wondering if this is smart or not.

One is raising preflop after i have called. i then call him.

To see if the flop hit him or he has a pocket pair i bet out on the flop - then he raises me again. I fold, and saved a small bet which i maybe had been calling on the turn?

Or should i just check call and see the turn card? what do you think?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Abs.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Smart or not? (probably not:-)

Preflop and flop are good.

Bet the turn. You filled up and are behind just QQ and 22. You should goto war on this street (hope to get as many bets in as possible). Similar comments apply to the river. You have a very strong hand and should bet it accordingly.

Brad
Old 01-22-2005, 05:39 AM

Are you sure your questions come from the same hand that you posted? I don't see you limp-reraising PF, betting out on the flop or indeed folding.

As for the hand you posted, bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 05:45 AM

Sorry sorry sorry - wrong hand posted first.

Still same questions - is it totally stupid not check/call instead of betting - where he might fold if he not hit the flop - or should i just check/fold?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB
Old 01-22-2005, 05:52 AM

The bet is pretty worthless because he raised preflop he will most likely call or raise you with unimproved overcards like AK AQ just like he would with AA. You shouldn't even check-call considering the pot odds and the chance you are dominated.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry sorry sorry - wrong hand posted first.

Still same questions - is it totally stupid not check/call instead of betting - where he might fold if he not hit the flop - or should i just check/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bet the flop, you don't have anything besides a couple of overcards and a weak backdoor straight draw. This is an easy check/fold in this small pot.

As for your first hand (44) I'd bet the turn and river. Either that or try to c/r the turn and lead out on the river if you're pretty certain someone behind you is going to bet. I don't like to get too fancy in these situations, just bet and hope someone raises.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 AM

For the first hand I would bet the turn and river. For the second hand posted I would check/fold the flop.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. You have a good hand.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM

i would check/fold
Since he raised preflop betting has no value. But why not call? Lets look at the hands we are behind even if we improve: AA,KK,JJ. We are dominated by AK,AQ,KJ,QQ,QJ. Our bdsd is pretty weak and if he has 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he has strong redraws. Given the potsize you should fold.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. You have a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise or fold. DO NOT LIMP.