Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Default KK Gets Passive Multiway

SB is 52/16/1.8 in 29 hands
BB seems LP after 29 hands
CO is 35/13/1.3 and tricky aggressive over 200+ hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (15 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls......
Old 10-24-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: KK Gets Passive Multiway

I'd raise the turn.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1st time, the 2nd time, or both?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 AM

The first time. If I was 3-bet, I wouldn't cap.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 AM

You are ahead of BB almost allways when he bets out here. If he has 5x, he usually CR flop or checks turn.
The board is drawy enough that you want to protect your hand. You probably need to show it down even if you get 3bet, due to AQ/QT and your 2 outer when behind.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are ahead of BB almost allways when he bets out here. If he has 5x, he usually CR flop or checks turn.
The board is drawy enough that you want to protect your hand. You probably need to show it down even if you get 3bet, due to AQ/QT and your 2 outer when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with how 'drawy' this board is. There is no flush draw. Most of the possible straight draws need a K, which would give me the boat if it hits. Because I have 2 Kings it lessens the chance that someone is on an OESD or gutshot like K9. AK is not likely based on the preflop action. I didn't feel that I needed to protect my hand here, so I went for overcalls. Still not sure, though.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM

29 hands is not enough to deem someone loose passive. Ever get cold decked? yea, it happens lots.

You should definitely be raising the turn. If they just call. Bet the river. If someone caps the turn, call it then call the river bet.

The pot is huge, but you should still be putting bets in when you are likely ahead.