Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 PM

Default anyone wanna put their $$ where their mouth is? i do

well. my stack sized theory certainly resulted in me being called a retard, moron, ect. and i've gotten berated at the tables by several 2p2ers (at least i think or they just have 2p2 stats and sound familiar).

i'm in the proccess of switching party accounts so i will be playing mostly at stars this next week. And I want to prove how dumb stars using the S&gs in TLB points is. So i might go nuts on them this week. And once I get my money into my party rakeback account I'm going to start playing more cash games and STTs there. So my MTT play will be much more selective after this week. I want to get some extra incentive to go allout for the last week.

This is a challenge to any takers, but since i'm such a "retard" i'd be shocked if only 1 person wanted to take me up on this.

So, anybody who wants to, can put up a bet ($50- $2000) that they will score more than me this week.

i know I shouldn't even be posting here anymore, but I'm bored since I'm on my last MTT of the day(i have online poker ADD). and also, I want to go out with a bang. This is open to anybody, but I would probably only take 1 $2000 bet for bankroll reasons. however, I will take several smaller bets, and play many people individually if there's enough interest.

BTW. i have one 162 point score so far from a $100 LHE tourney today, so if anybody bets me who didn't play at all today wants i can remove that score if its still there at the end of the week.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: anyone wanna put their $$ where their mouth is? i do

By the way. this is not a Pissing contest thing. its a prop bet that i think is good +EV for me.

I feel that i can play better than most on here. I'm not being cocky, just honest. I know i'm not the best on here though, which is why I capped it at 1 2k. I don't want to go 5 different 2k bets with the best 5 guys on here. Or have some WCP happen upon this and challenge me to my entire roll. However, I feel I can at least compete with most, and I doubt there's too many out there who can play a lot better than me AND put in as many hours as me for a week. And of those who can, most wouldn't want to lose a week of earnings for only a 2k bet.

But ALL the people out there who were constantly telling me how dumb i am, i doubt many of you are making WAY over 2k a week, so this should be just for you. i tried so many times to logically, or mathematically show you my points, and now i'm just making a challenge to show my confidence.

Once again this is not a pissing contest. el cheapo felt the need to PM me and tell me how childish I was for posting this, and I offered him a special deal of 3:2 if he bet me.

Anyone out there who plays a lot, and thinks i'm dumb, this is your chance to show it. It will cerainly be a +EV bet for you, and by taking it, you'll show that you believe its +EV. if nobody does, then that shows a lack of confidence, b/c many of you are fulltimers. a fulltime gambler should never pass a good +EV bet if he has one.

Also, i will offer 3:2 to a lot of you if i've read a lot of your posts and feel i can beat you easily. anyone who wants can ask and i'll let them know. off the top of my head, those who i won't offer odds to are 2005, TTIU, MLG, Exit, Anksy, NoadSD, Chief... There's others but i can't think of them now, so if you ask i'll let you know. but most I will offer 3:2 to. So, just to simplify, if you guys can beat me over 40%, then this is the bet for you.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:05 AM

I would play you, but its like you said...

[ QUOTE ]
And I want to prove how dumb stars using the S&gs in TLB points is. So i might go nuts on them this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cause you have 20 hours a day to play and could bust out 100+ of these $20 SnGs, I couldnt compete because I just dont have the time.

Also, I am not familiar with the TLB for Stars, I know its something like best 10 results for the week, but how could I see what your breakdown is?

I wanna challenge you so bad, but again, I just dont have the time this week, maybe some time in the future.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:44 AM

Pfkaok, I have played with you, you are really tough to play against from what I have seen.

However, I think you are going a little nuts lately on this forum. You proposed a very unconventional theory on stack sizes, and expected people not to critisize it? I have learned on this forum to know which people to care about their opinions, and which to simply ignore. All the 1 line posters like "you're dumb," are just retards. The reason they can't justify their responses is because they are incapable. You are a good addition to this forum, and I'd like to see you stay. I'd take someone who proposes some crazy ideas about tournament poker, over 100 of the "fold." "horrible play." etc etc one liner people. So even if you move to more cash games (like I am doing as well), don't just leave.

As for this contest-- I think its just a big dick waving contest. You have already come out trashing short term goals, and thats exactly what this is. You think if you beat someone for a week, then what? The red zone theory is correct? This whole bet seems so contradictory to what you were trashing.

Honestly, don't let an online forum get you riled up.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:07 AM

hey pfaok, i really would like you to keep posting in the forum, so don't take this the wrong way. But you gotta stop whining about that. We don't think you're a retard, and you havn't gotten [censored] about it, since the stack size post. And even in that post, it was exaggerated there was a lot of [censored], but there was some intelligent stuff aswell. So.. to be blunt, if you're going to constantly whine about how you're going to stop posting here and you sick of it etc then just leave already. I hope you calm down and stick around though.

And as for your bet, well, i'm not going to give you anyy more money, as i'm going to end up owing you 200 by the end of the month anyway.