Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Running Bad...

[ QUOTE ]
kind of a stupid question I know....but i was just woundering what everyone likes to do when you have a couple hours or even a couple days of bad luck......

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple hours is pretty common, a couple days is also pretty common (dep on how much you play, but even if it's a lot, it's still common).

I'm not too bothered by it until I get to -50 or -100bb, unless I've been making a lot of simple mistakes...

If I feel like I'm making mistakes, or I start losing concentration or whatever, I go for a walk, read a book, do some sort of leisure activity.

I post a hand or two, and talk it over with a friend that plays poker.

Not a big deal. It happens all the time, but it really really helps to have a friend that plays poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just make sure that you don't give them bad beat stories, because they don't care. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, changing your game to compensate for a downsing is very very bad. unless it is a change to fix a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or for bankroll reasons, or you're just looking to get a winning session under your belt for psychological reasons and would be more likely to do so at a limit that you're more comfortable with and opponents who are worse players...

It's probably -EV to do it in the short-term, though.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:21 AM

One other thing, I'm up 150bb today (yes, 150).

... and that's pretty sweet... I think I might even be positive for the week now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 12:25 AM

I actually believe that my largest 2 leaks are 1. not knowing when I'm beat. and 2. Being overly aggressive when I perhaps shouldn't be.

Just a thought too that when many of us are running bad, I believe these may possibly be up there as the biggest leaks.

Believe it or not, I do do the PT reviews and unfortunately I'm not really seeing my leaks revealed in PT, just suckout after suckout or hands where I have TT and a T falls, AA catches A on river, etc. Gotta turn around at some point.

Ohh, and for those of you that find this to be a whine post, it is, a bit. No doubt. But, I do like seeing these occaisionally posted by oters too. I'm certain all of us go through bad times such as this. For me this stretch has lasted about 20k hands or so.

I need to work on hand reading and selective aggro. I tend to be extremely aggressive at times where I end up with the second best hand. What I see in PT in regards to this is that I am losing a lot of bets when I have a hand which gets drawn out on. When I do have hands that hold up, I'm not getting the ame amount of action as a hand which does get sucked out on.

I would be interested in having someone else study my poor play in order to either verify that it is in fact me or that it isn't.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:35 AM

Also, I have changed venue a little bit too. Been playing some 7 card SnG's which have been doing nicely. I also need to find my TOP book (only book I can't freakin find!) and reread it cover to cover. My tourney game I believe in this time has been much better too. Hell, right now I'm a final tableist in the kiddie pool. Fortunately too bonuses help cushion this to a point.

As much as I don't want to see others on here do poorly, it can be reassuring at times to know others are doing poorly also. We can all mope together [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There should be a losers forum on here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kind of a stupid question I know....but i was just woundering what everyone likes to do when you have a couple hours or even a couple days of bad luck......

[/ QUOTE ]

Golf, hang out with my family, Golf, Movie, Golf, PS2, Golf, Read a book, Golf, read 2+2, Golf, Work out, Golf, Go fishing, Golf, Review hands, Golf.

Or go play a round of Golf.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:55 PM

Hey, have you thought about playing some golf?