Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Anybody hear of EZSPACE LTD before? They ripped me off!!

Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you internet players have heard of that company. I just started playing poker online at a couple of places and I just found out my mastercard number has apparently been stolen. The EZSPACE company charged my card two days ago for on two separate charges for over $800, which caused my balace to go negative, and now my normal charges are bouncing. I closed the account, and now have to go to the bank and fill out a complaint. I assume the number was stolen when I signed up for either bodog, pokertropolis, or ultimate bet. I know these companies didn't steal them of course but apparently somehow the number was stolen when I signed up with them. My bank says the have to investigate, as there is no address or phone number linked to the charge, as there usually is. I've only used my credit card on the internet before for amazon.com and bestbuy.com. This sucks because it's a check card so there is no guarantee I'll get my money back. Since I'm new to this I was just wondering if any of you had this kind of problem before using your credit cards on the internet.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-31-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Anybody hear of EZSPACE LTD before? They ripped me off!!

i'm not sure whether you have a keylogger virus or not. however, when i used to be able to use my CC at ub, i got my statement in the mail and there were two charges on there from the UK. one for $800, one for $600. the only thing i had used the card for was poker. as in your case, the usual transaction codes and telephone numbers did not accompany the charge. this made my chargeback an instant win. they should immediately release the disputed funds back to your account at this point until it is resolved. also, i can't imagine that they will impose any over-limit fees from charges due to fraud. they may charge them because the computer does it automatically, but the over limit fees should be removed when you ask.

sorry that you went over limit, but you will certainly not be responsible for any weird charge you did not make.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:21 PM

a quick google on EZspace comes back as a web hosting company.

there was an odd search return on a korean company as well.

did you ever play propoker?

Old 08-31-2004, 03:47 PM

Hi Granny,

Thanks for the reply. The problem with my charges is that they were done with a checkcard, not credit card, so it doesn't have that kind of guarantee. The funds haven't even been taken out yet, according to the bank it will be taken out today. The stupid thing is even after I told them it's a fraud and I didn't do the charges, they can't do anything about it because there is already a hold on my account for it, which is why my available balance was negative. They have an agreement with mastercard that once it is approved it can be taken out. I have to fill out a dispute form after it gets posted later today or tommorow. I did a google search too and found that url for sale. Doesn't look like they have anything to do with it. Did you ever get an explanation for those 2 charges? Funny thing about this is my wife didn't want me to give that kind of financial info over the internet to a gambling company. She'e kind of paranoid, and it took a while just to convince her amazon would be safe. I'm really gonna hear it from her tonight, lol. Anyway, I do enjoy playing online, I just hope this is some kind of mistake and can be resolved easily, or else wifey may make me stop playing.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:58 PM

In the future you should use something like www.neteller.com

hopefully it all works out man, im sure it will
Old 08-31-2004, 04:01 PM

SCREW NETELLER

outs
Old 08-31-2004, 04:02 PM

that bites. i always use my credit card on-line for fear of this happening. one place charged me $500 once on for a charge i never made. i disputed the charge, cancelled the card and got issued a new one acct number and that was the end of that.

what bank is your check card attached to? i use wells fargo and have read in their tiny print that they refund unathorized charges on check cards but don't know exactly how that actually works.

bwana
Old 08-31-2004, 04:21 PM

The problem with my charges is that they were done with a checkcard, not credit card

i understand that. however, with no supporting contact numbers provided by the merchant, you will prevail. you have reported it "stolen", and since it is a debit card, it will just be a longer wait for resolution.

had the company provided contact info, then your liability would be much higher. you may have a $50 deductible, but i don't even think you will be responsible for that. the reason you are good to go is because the company will never be able to provide support documentation. as long as it was not done at a point of sale where they swiped your card through a reader and you signed for it, you will be ok.

they never told me what the company was that charged me, but i won the dispute. debit cards DO have a larger risk, but if the card is on your person, and you did not make this charge, the bank will eventually credit you the full amount as long as you have made it clear the number was stolen.

good luck
Old 08-31-2004, 04:26 PM

Hi bwana,

I'm using a small local bank, but apparently I will be able to get my money back after they investigate it. To make things worse, I just found out bodog just froze my account!! I made a $50 deposit with them a few days ago, so emailed them and told them the situation , that I may have to change the checking account on file and that the $50 may bounce, so If they wanted I could western union or figure out another way to cover the $50. Since they didn't recieve the $50 yet they froze the account and will wait to see if they will be able to collect the $50 from my bank. I told they could just take it out of my bodog balance but they coudln't. I got the $50 up to $700 there playing poker, and I even qualified to play for a 1 in 41 chance to win a $25,000 seat at the Bellagio WPT even but now that my account's frozen I may not have a chance to play in the tourney. This is just getting worse and worse. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 04:30 PM

Thanks Granny for that info! I feel much better now. I'm heading to the bank now to file the dispute. Hopefully the charge posted by now, I just want to get this over with.