Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Rams vs Cardinals a sucker bet?

There is a radio show where I live that does weekly pics and when the STL vs ARI came up they said it was a sucker bet yet they never bothered to tell why. For the experienced bettors out there can you please tell me why? I do not bet on sports but, it interests me and I would eventually like to start. St. Louis was a 9.5 favorite and Arizona won the game by ten. To me it seemed like an easy pick for Arizona as the Rams barely beat them in Phoenix a few weeks earlier. Thanks for all your help

Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Rams vs Cardinals a sucker bet?

[ QUOTE ]
There is a radio show where I live that does weekly pics and when the STL vs ARI came up they said it was a sucker bet yet they never bothered to tell why. For the experienced bettors out there can you please tell me why? I do not bet on sports but, it interests me and I would eventually like to start. St. Louis was a 9.5 favorite and Arizona won the game by ten. To me it seemed like an easy pick for Arizona as the Rams barely beat them in Phoenix a few weeks earlier. Thanks for all your help

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

It was probably something the announcer said to make it sound like he knew what he was talking about. It like when people say its a trap game but can't offer an explanation. However, I think he probably meant that most of the public sees the line and says oh St. Louis can beat AZ by 10 in the dome that is easy so they lay lots of money on it where as if you analyzed the game with Boldin and Fitz at full strenght you should of known that it would be hard for St. Louis to stop AZ passing game, probably allowing AZ to stay within the 10 point spread. However, I could be totally wrong.