Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Poker sites that you can fund with 1-900 numbers?

Does this method of funding still exist? I remember when I first started playing years ago at Planet Poker they had this option where you can dial the 1-900 number to fund your account. If you wanted to put in $50 into your account it would appear on your phone bill instead. I ask because I can't fund through credit card anymore-- my credit union actually called me the other day and said using the card for these purposes are not allowed and if I try again they would close my account! I tried was trying to use it on at WSEX poker and it got denied, but I guess the bank still decided to follow up on it. I know there are other ways to fund like directly from your checking account, but unless I open up another account I'm too scared to try it now with my bank.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Poker sites that you can fund with 1-900 numbers?

[ QUOTE ]
Does this method of funding still exist? I remember when I first started playing years ago at Planet Poker they had this option where you can dial the 1-900 number to fund your account. If you wanted to put in $50 into your account it would appear on your phone bill instead. I ask because I can't fund through credit card anymore-- my credit union actually called me the other day and said using the card for these purposes are not allowed and if I try again they would close my account! I tried was trying to use it on at WSEX poker and it got denied, but I guess the bank still decided to follow up on it. I know there are other ways to fund like directly from your checking account, but unless I open up another account I'm too scared to try it now with my bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use an intermediary like neteller or firepay. Most banks have no problem with letting you fund those, and then use the intermediary to fund to the poker site. (Neteller is best). I don't know about the 900 number question.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

The separate checking account is a good idea anyway, so if your poker (or Neteller) account gets compromised, it won't have access to your main checking account.

Also, there is a way on Party and its skins to buy a long-distance phone card, and then use that to fund your account there (there should be no problem with buying a phone card with your credit card). I've occasionally done that, played several hands to keep them happy (they don't like a deposit followed by a withdrawal, with no play in between), then moved it to Neteller, and thence to another site.

-Mike
Old 07-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Do you mean like setting up a 1-900 service like 1-900-HOT-HOES or something and collecting the cash and then using that to put a bankroll on some poker sites?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use an intermediary like neteller or firepay. Most banks have no problem with letting you fund those, and then use the intermediary to fund to the poker site. (Neteller is best). I don't know about the 900 number question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't use Neteller anymore with my bank account, because when I tried to deposit to it with my bank card a while ago, it got rejected. There was some kind of warning that some banks won't let this kind of transaction go through. I was suprised since Neteller isn't a gaming site, but I guess it's already well known to some banks that it's mostly used for gambling. Back then I guess my credit union wasn't following up on these transactions. But now since they called and warned me I don't even want to try the alternative way to fund neteller, which is to register the checking account with them and let them do a direct deposit. I was using Neteller to withdraw funds from sites, then would have it electronically deposited to my account but now I'm afraid to even to that since my bank is now aware of "gambling" transactions. I guess I may just have to open another account someplace, maybe an internet checking account. I can't risk losing my credit union account since I do a lot of business with them (mortgage & loans).