Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Very large/interesting pot... You won\'t believe the mucks...

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB

I believe that i missplayed the hand when i led out and bet on the turn... may also have been bad to bet on the flop. On turn it became obvious at least one flush was out there and I was hoping to suck out a full. Opinions please.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Very large/interesting pot... You won\'t believe the mucks...

I guess I'm not reading the hand right, but is that saying that you posted big blind while sitting in the small blind seat? Sorry I don't have any input on the hand itself, just curious about the post.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:20 AM

I was confused about that myself... i was in the BB and it wasn't my first hand at the table. Used the converter.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:43 AM

I don't believe that leading the turn was a mistake. And I'd be pretty hard pressed to give credit for the flopped flush based on UTG coming alive and CO continuing his aggression.

It's hard to be the third caller to UTG's river bet, but at 22.5:1 it's not overly troublesome to call top trips here -- you have to be good ~4.25% of the time in this situation?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:46 AM

UTG shows the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO mucks the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 mucks the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]