Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:02 AM

Default AA- How would you have played it? (Especially the River!!)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: AA- How would you have played it? (Especially the River!!)

let me preface this with 'I'm new here' but, I think you can re-raise the flop on this. Let the limpers pay for their draws. If BB re-raises (could have AK, Kx, Qx, or a couple of diamonds, all of which you beat), they may fold. If not, you can bet on a non-scary turn card and potentially get them to fold. Plus the fact that you have the A of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes this an easier raise on the flop for me. If things get ugly once the turn comes you can find a fold in there somewhere, but I wouldn't be afraid to let it rip early on.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:13 AM

I think you played the hand just fine. The 10 even looks like it might help you in case you were up against KQ. The fact that it looks like he has a 10 in his hand is unfortunate, but given the size of the pot you are forced to call.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:20 AM

3bet the flop.
Turn is fine.
River, hmmm. May want to 3bet. But I'll call.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 02:34 AM

I thought the hero played this hand very well. Once raised on this scary board I dont think the hero should 3 bet since there are many cards that could hit the turn that will ruin the hero's hand. Any K,J,Q,A,9 and diamond are all potentially bad for the hero even though the Ace and or a diamond do give the hero a redraw. Therefore I like calling the raise on the flop and donking a blank turn. Once the hero was not raised on the turn, he should bet his nut two pair on the river. I would also call the river raise and expect to lose, but hope to see a weirdly played KQ.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 AM

Obviously a Jack is a good card for the hero.....oops.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:28 AM

With the other two players calling 2 on the flop, 3-bet. Not-only could you have the best hand on this drawn-laden flop but if BB is jamming a draw, he could 4-bet the others out of the pot.

Your call on the river is fine and the T may have helped you.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:53 AM

I agree with your play.

I like the flop bet. Attempted chekcraising is too dangerous. 3 betting is okay, but i don't think it will knock anyone else out of the hand, and will increas the pot when you aren't yet sure you are ahead and others are surely drawing.

Like the turn bet, like even more that here were no raises.

After they do not challenge you on the turn, I like the river bet. BB wakes up which is freightning, and I notice CO coldcalls again. I wish I had reads here, because what I do is specific to that. But, with the passive turn, I feel you're ahead here more than enough to call. I am tempted to raise on the river because I think the CO will call one or two bets and I am at least 33% to win, but I can't because it is just too thin.

CO: Kx
BB: Too hard to put on a hand. I don't see him having Tx and raising the flop. I don't see him with a straight or two pair here due to the turn inaction. Also, AJ, KQ, KT? would have raised in BB. I feel like s/he has JT, T9, Kx, Qx semibluff, or a passively played two pair or straight. I doubt BB has many of the hands that beat you here, so I feel like you can win this more than 1/3, but I am not confident.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:00 AM

I like the play, however, I'm leaning towards 3 betting the flop for value+ information.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:41 AM

I think that you played this hand correctly. It looks like the BB is representing either 2 pair or a straight. J9 and AJ give him a straight. If I had to guess, I would say that AJ is most likely since many players will not reraise with AJ. In my book, the hand is a tossup so I would call the raise (but not reraise) on the river.