Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

i think that splitting hush into low and high is better than splitting it into 3 forums. i think that the name "Heads up and short handed" pretty much implies that heads up is supposed to be in those, and i think that the ghost town effect is fairly likely in the third forum.

i think that an "events and official blah tournament/etc forum" would be a great idea, though it could get messy without very active moderation. if there were a way to implement a calendar into the forums that would be fantastic too, for both events forum and for places like the mtt forum, and the stt forum. an interesting question would be what to do with stuff like sweat threads, which could go here, or in an entirely different forum... i think that a lot of people like the sweat threads, but with so many good players playing the mtts, and so many mtts running all the time, it can get crazy. i know that the mtt guys have done a great job of having far fewer "official" and "sweat me" threads in that forum, but i think at the same time tons of people think it's a) fun and b) a great way to meet people and socialize.

i think that having a "bad beats, whining, how i'm running, stat brag, etc" forum would be great too. this is one of the most popular forums on several of the other poker boards that feature piles of new players, and i think they'd take to it well. i think that people with legit stat questions, or the occasional stupid post would still wind up in a strat forum, but for the most part we could dump all such garbage in a communal area and be done with it. if nothing else, it would be a place where we could move threads to stop them from being clutter AND not making anyone feel like a jackass.

wrt the split of mid/high to mid and high, i dunno, is there really either enough traffic for that or enough problems to warrant that? i think that most of hte posters are going to be the same people, and that the high limit forum just wouldn't get enough traffic.

dan