Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Big Jump - From Party $100NL to $1000NL??

I'm curious as to your comment that don't push TPTK in these games.

Can you explain? I see alot of heads up action on the flop in these games. I played once, doubled up on AA to a flop of JT2 when player decided he liked his QJ, and then doubled up again when I flopped Gut shot nut straight draw and nut flush draw, lead into flop for 3/4 pot, got called, then turned the nut flush and player decided to put me all in with a smaller flush. It took me about 2 hours to get there and alot alot of folding such that when I did have hands, they thought they would just bet big and get me to fold.

Other then that, the $1000 game scares the crap out of me.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Big Jump - From Party $100NL to $1000NL??

Im having a bit more success with a very aggressive style in the 600 rather than the 400 on party.

In the 600 the limpers are consistently folding to my $35/40 LP raises, will occassionally make big (incorrect) laydowns, and are otherwise easier to push around. This is balanced with the occassional player that will limp call a reraise to $96, which is phenomenal.

Havent been pushed back at yet in this game to date.

The $400 I might make it 20/25 and have 3 or 4 limp calls back to be on a frequent basis. This just makes it difficult to get HU, where higher skill obviously is a higher factor usually. Is this an abnormal experience guys? I may just be running poorly in that game and have it coloring my opinion ( for example: last night 2nd set v top set and then AA cracked the next hand ick)
Old 03-23-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: HIJACK for Bragging Purposes

A situation that occurs to me frequently is if I'm in EP or MP at a loose-passive table with e.g. A-small sooted, the flop comes A-high rainbow and gets checked around to button who auto-bets. I can value bet my A on the river here most of the time and get called down by someone with middle pair.