Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Ugly 60-120 KJo hand

Playing in the Bellagio 60-120 game for the first time, I get K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a middle postion. EP raises and I call (??). One cold caller (button) and BB calls also.

Flop is:

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

BB checks, EP bets (he is steaming right now), and I raise.
BB comes to life with a check-threebet. EP and I call. Three of us for the turn which is:

[J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

BB bets, steamer calls and I call. Comments?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Ugly 60-120 KJo hand

I stopped looking after EP raises and I call with KJo? Bad play. How do you think that is good poker?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in the Bellagio 60-120 game for the first time, I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a middle postion. EP raises and I call (??).

[/ QUOTE ]

Been taking strategy lessons from Mike Caro?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:46 PM

Nice!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:47 PM

You must not like money for playing that hand preflop, but I gather you already know that. That said, you should just get to show down and pray that it's good.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:58 PM

As has been said, muck preflop. So what does everyone have? Do you think the EP steamer will call 2 more with TT or AK, otherwise, you are beat badly. He doesnt have to worry about 2 pair from you or the BB, and neither of you have a club, draw, so what does he have to lose by just calling with a hand like KK or AA(though if he is tilting, he would probably cap the flop). If I had a decent hand there, I would let you two knock yourselves out with few outs or a club draw which youre not going to fold. That being said, I think you have the BB, as he is probably raising on a worse jack, or putting pressure with a club draw + overcard. I dont know about the steamer though. Dont like to call, dont like to fold, usually winds up with me calling and praying.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:59 PM

Bored?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a middle postion. EP raises and I call (??).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scared. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in the Bellagio 60-120 game for the first time,

[/ QUOTE ]

This didn't happen to be the 60/120 game on friday evening was it? If so my friend was playing it in with you. He was in the 9 seat next to the super good asian woman whom he said was probably the best limit player he'd played with.

I heard a couple calls for 40/80 stud for a mike L and looked around to see who it was but didn't see anyone react.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:26 PM

KJo is crap to an EP raise. Actually KJo is crap facing most raises, with the exception of a blind steal.

I don't fault how you played after the flop, but realistically, you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Garland