Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: If this isnt standard

Yeah just 3-bet it preflop and when he flops his crappy top pair you go to war with him and gain in so many ways.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at this guys stats.

1st - his PFR:
If he's raising, theres a greater chance that he's on a steal than that he's got a legitimate hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything in his stats that can tell you this. One could argue that with a PFR of 5 he doesn't really ever steal, and the vast majority of his raises are legitimate hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus:
In many cases these guys will follow up the flop bet with a turn bet. This becomes less likely when I 3bet preflop.
This play lets me raise the turn to get an extra SB out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which you could have gotten by three-betting pre-flop. And those times when he has a legitimate hand, your 3-bet may be met with a cap, and may not deter any post-flop action.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything in his stats that can tell you this. One could argue that with a PFR of 5 he doesn't really ever steal, and the vast majority of his raises are legitimate hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to PT his attempt to steal is nearly 5X that of his pfr.

edit - maybe I should have included that earlier [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] "?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus:
In many cases these guys will follow up the flop bet with a turn bet. This becomes less likely when I 3bet preflop.
This play lets me raise the turn to get an extra SB out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which you could have gotten by three-betting pre-flop. And those times when he has a legitimate hand, your 3-bet may be met with a cap, and may not deter any post-flop action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice point, Catt. Another addition to it. A player of this caliber won't often follow up on the turn without a piece of the board, so you won't always get that extra small bet. The 3-bet preflop ensures at least 3 SBs, and he'll peel a lot of unscary flops even if he misses.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 PM

If you're so sure this is right, why are you posting?

Could you try to be a little more arrogant next time? That'd be really impressive.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to PT his attempt to steal is nearly 5X that of his pfr.

edit - maybe I should have included that earlier [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] "?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't seem possible. Att. to Steal blinds is the likely hood that he raises in MP,CO,BT, and SB when first in. How could that be 25 and his PFR be 5?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Could you try to be a little more arrogant next time? That'd be really impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? That seems uncalled for. He thinks he made the right play. If he can prove that it he would be pointing out a flaw in the standard strategy around here.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:04 PM

Slowplaying AA pre flop is wrong against this opponent.

Raise the flop.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure this is right, but I think it can be in the right circumstances. This might be one of them.

If you would rather my hand posts be the boring other 99% of the hands that I play, thats fine, but I don't find much value in discussing those things. I might find 3 to 5 interesting hands in a 500-1k hand session.

Anyways, I dont know how the stats work out, but im guessing its an indication that he molests the BB a lot when its folded to him in the SB.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:28 AM

I dont think sb open-raises count for the atsb stat. Just CO and BTN I believe. I might be wrong but I think thats how it is. Anyone know for sure?