Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: $241k stripper tab

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the guy got super wasted absolves him of all guilt? Good thing he didn't drive home that night and kill somebody, or rape a 8 year old, or else he'd still be out and roaming the streets!

[/ QUOTE ]

No but it may well invalidate the purchases. If he had driven home the club could have been sued for overserving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any credit card purchase over $10K must be validated by the card user over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

The man was coherent enough to provide personal information to the credit card company, which validated the card's use at the time. Consent was given.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what the club's lawyers will say but the CEOs' are gonna claim that he was over served by the club. Not sure who will win but the claim of being over served will be central.

Put it this way, you show up to sign a contract on a house or other large purchase where lawyers are involved and are clearly hammered. Just drunk and falling all over yourself. You think they're gonna let you sign?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any credit card purchase over $10K must be validated by the card user over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean, "no"? I've made two purchases over $10K on credit cards, and both times I had to speak to the cc company to provide consent and verify my id. Are you saying this is not standard operating procedure?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean, "no"? I've made two purchases over $10K on credit cards, and both times I had to speak to the cc company to provide consent and verify my id. Are you saying this is not standard operating procedure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made > 100 such purchases on a corporate amex and am saying it is not always done.

The club probably makes all customers do it for large purchases and I wouldn't be shocked if amex initially declined any large purchases from such a place but there is no amex rule that > $10K needs a phone call.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:28 PM

Hasn't scores been accused of all kinds of stuff like this before? I think the strippers take the tab, buy a bunch of Cristal and overcharge tips to themselves along with 20 lapdances for like 10 chicks at a time. I'm too lazy to look for it, but I'm almost positive. I'd tend to believe the CEO's side is closer to the truth than the club's. Of course, with all of the checks n' balances that scores claims, this should be a slam dunk for them, right? This is basically what all came out when the Gold club got busted and all of the atheletes had to take the stand. I'll never forget Patrick Ewing going up and talking about he banged a bunch of strippers, but he didn't pay them for sex - just lapdances and they were being nice to him. That was some funny stuff!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:42 PM

They were discussing this on Howard Stern this morning. First, let me state that Howard is close to the Scores people so he is probably biased. They said that whenever somebody makes charges over $10,000, they call the credit card company and have the holder of the card verify their identity and that they are not overly drunk. They also fax id info and thumb prints to the cc company. Like I said, it's probably bias but this is what they said.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must of been a hellva night.

[/ QUOTE ]
or a morning filled with tons of regret.

[/ QUOTE ]

or both
Old 10-21-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When you pay many thousands in VIP rooms at strip clubs, anything goes. Chris Rock's "No Sex in the Champagne Room" was funny, but false.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a story, please share.

also, this is a related link

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/columns/vice/9612/
Old 10-21-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]. Must of been a hellva case of blue balls .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Spending 241k without cuming sounds pretty tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you pay many thousands in VIP rooms at strip clubs, anything goes. Chris Rock's "No Sex in the Champagne Room" was funny, but false.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please back this up with a story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a story, please share.

also, this is a related link

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/columns/vice/9612/

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't partake in paying money for sex. No moral issues with is, just not my bag. But I know plenty of people who do, and have, at strip clubs. This includes strip clubs known for "no funny business at all." I also have been offered just about everything you could ever imagine at a strip club.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:19 PM

For $240k you could buy a ferrari F430 pick up all of the trashy women you want, Pay the gas and insurance on the car for a year, and still have a few thousand left.