Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Democrats...their dirty little secret

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are out of your mind if you really think Al Gore would have attacked Iraq had he won in 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Sadaam would be using his rape room as we speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah its much better that anyone he might try to rape have been killed by 2000 pound bombs. I'll take organ liquidation over rape every day of the week!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My argument is not a Democrat vs. Republican issue. It is an issue of who is in power and who is not. Those not in power in this country want to be in power and will stop at nothing to "monday morning quarterback" every decision the sitting president makes. Both parties are guilty of this. Just look at how the Republicans attacked Clinton for 8 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with the general point that there's a lot of politically motivated second-guessing in Washington - I guess that's not really news to anyone. But I disagree with your argument that Democrats are only speaking out against the war because they want to be in power. I think they are speaking out against it because their constituents are letting them know, in no uncertain terms, that they demand some sort of plan (beyond "stay the course") for ending the quagmire in Iraq. They would not be doing their jobs if they didn't loudly and persistently demand to hear an exit strategy from the President. Because the American people want to hear how this war is supposed to end before another 2,000 U.S. soldiers get blown up.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The great thing about this thread is how many liberals want to stiffle the OP's free speech, but they want to goad Cola into doing it for them. Now we know what they really think about free expression. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whos stiffling anyone free speech? This post offers no insight into any secret of our government. Whoa wait, the minority party is against the majority party's agenda?? NO WAY!!

Those dastardly democrats!! The republicans are so good about following what Clinton said, no secrets there.

The * system is good for keeping time wasting posts like this out of the forums.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:36 PM

If you read the whole post you will see I was not picking on just Democrats. The subject line mentioned Democrats because they happen to be the ones currently not in the oval office.

Besides a good subject line here is like advertising. If you don't tweak some people then no one will read or respond to the thread.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM

One fact that liberal minded people don't understand is that to create a free democracy the evil people in the world must be killed. Hitler was in jail after his first coup attempt. If he had been executed WWII may never have happened.

Freedom and democracy occur only as a result of military strength doled out in measured quantities.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The * system is good for keeping time wasting posts like this out of the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only been used for a short time in one of the noisiest forums on 2+2, so it's not exactly a proven system. Also, trying to use the same style of modertion as OOT wouldn't work as well in this forum. The two forums are very different.

Somehow I don't think many here would be happy if I started imposing my own ideas of what constitutes a stupid post.

Finally, nobody forced anyone to read or post in this thread. Any wasted time is your own doing.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent post. Another part of the Republicans' "dirty little secret", is that the Republican party leadership and most Republicans, have a much more conservative agenda across every issue which they wish to foist upon the unsuspecting middle of American voters. But to do this, they have to both claim a more centrist position than they really believe in, and as you said, to use any convenient hypocritcal distortion and criticism of Democratic policies to damage Democratic office holders. The Bush administration is a master of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

......My goodness....I'm so confused!!

Isn't this exactly the same thing that Buffthis said in an earlier post about democrats?

It appears that both statements are accurate....but.....Oh dear....How could that be??

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One fact that liberal minded people don't understand is that to create a free democracy the evil people in the world must be killed. Hitler was in jail after his first coup attempt. If he had been executed WWII may never have happened.

Freedom and democracy occur only as a result of military strength doled out in measured quantities.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a political philosophy which follows almost that exact idea. They were real big in the early 20th century. Oh yeah, the facists of Spain, Italy and Germany.

Something about evil people being confined and executed in prision camps and such, they were true democratic heros.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only been used for a short time in one of the noisiest forums on 2+2, so it's not exactly a proven system. Also, trying to use the same style of modertion as OOT wouldn't work as well in this forum. The two forums are very different.

Somehow I don't think many here would be happy if I started imposing my own ideas of what constitutes a stupid post.

Finally, nobody forced anyone to read or post in this thread. Any wasted time is your own doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, i retract my request.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, i retract my request.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, keep asking for it. We want to keep track of who is afraid of free and open discussion here. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]