Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

Please go look up the word racist in the dictionary. "Arab" is not a race.

As for the WMD, just watch the news. There have been numerous WMD found, including roadside bombs rigged from artillery shells with gas warheads. Granted we haven't found huge stockpiles, but the UN resolutions didn't say it's ok to have a little bit.

Don't forget the reports of truck convoy's rolling into Syria just as the US military started the liberation. What do you think were in those trucks?

You libs make this so easy.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you please give us your definition of a "liberal".
Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As for the WMD, just watch the news. There have been numerous WMD found, including roadside bombs rigged from artillery shells with gas warheads. Granted we haven't found huge stockpiles, but the UN resolutions didn't say it's ok to have a little bit.

Don't forget the reports of truck convoy's rolling into Syria just as the US military started the liberation. What do you think were in those trucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-26-2005, 09:22 AM

"As for the WMD, just watch the news. There have been numerous WMD found, including roadside bombs rigged from artillery shells with gas warheads. Granted we haven't found huge stockpiles, but the UN resolutions didn't say it's ok to have a little bit.

Don't forget the reports of truck convoy's rolling into Syria just as the US military started the liberation. What do you think were in those trucks? "

Did you miss the bit where the team Bush himself sent to find those WMDs said they had been destroyed, and that there was no evidence any WMDs had been moved to Syria?

As for UN resolutions, why are you citing them? You support a war that was made in spite of a UN resolution enforcing a ceasefire with Iraq that was still in place and no further resolution authorising a new war, so obviously have no interest in or respect for UN resolutions.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the WMD, just watch the news. There have been numerous WMD found, including roadside bombs rigged from artillery shells with gas warheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you know what the word "mass" means in the context of WMDs. If your really think these rigged bombs are even in the same ballpark as the WMDs that killed all of those Kurds you're foolish.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the WMD, just watch the news. There have been numerous WMD found, including roadside bombs rigged from artillery shells with gas warheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you know what the word "mass" means in the context of WMDs. If your really think these rigged bombs are even in the same ballpark as the WMDs that killed all of those Kurds you're foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa, let's not get technical. Clearly Bill was referring to weapons of regular destruction.

The best part about this thread is that it's made 2+2 look way more liberal than it is, just because no conservative wants to be on Bill's side.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best part about this thread is that it's made 2+2 look way more liberal than it is, just because no conservative wants to be on Bill's side.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it right there. This guy is so off the wall, even a Republican lawyer couldn't get away with shaking his hand at a NRA convention.

OP's stupid argument paraphrased for amusement:

The government I supported admitted its reasons for going to war were lies, but I'm going to pretend I have personal knowledge and evidence that they were actually true, but when confronted I'll provide vague smokescreens instead of evidence and maybe people will respect me anyway because I was in the military. C'mon, you hate Arabs too don't you? They went to war before Israel! No, other people don't go to war too! Just the Arabs! Don't believe me? Just ask the kurds!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00 PM

This is pointless. Everyone without blinders on can and has seen that the Iraq war started as just a vendetta of the current administration against Saddam. WMD was the buzzword at the start to sugarcoat it to the public. When they didn't find a field of burried 10 year old mustard gas, the focus shifted to liberating the Iraqi people. Now when we see that a bunch of those people don't seem to want to be liberated, its all about terr'ism. Was Saddam a dick who needed to go? Yeah, theres a bunch of them in the world. Does the ends justify the means? A lot of times yes, but the end has to be better than the beginning or what was the point?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what was in those trucks, but you don't either. Post a link to a news article that states that we definately found some WMD in Iraq. I am calling bullshit.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what was in those trucks, but you don't either. Post a link to a news article that states that we definately found some WMD in Iraq. I am calling bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Some" WMD have been found. A stray sarin shell here or there. No large caches. No stockpiles. Most of the devices that have been found were very old, and re-purposed into IEDs.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1528363,00.html

Technically, it is correct to say "WMD have been found in Iraq" but it's not the vast quantities that were expected.

It is fair to point out, though, that everyone, even the french and germans (and every prominent US Democrat), believed that Saddam had the WMD before the invasion, and before Bush even came to office.