Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM

Default NCAA football picks....your thoughts?

Nebraska -2.5 @ Baylor.
I think Nebraska's D is too good in this one.

Notre Dame +12 vs. USC
I don't see the Irish collapsing late like other teams have, plus I think they'll get a bigger first-half cushion. My main concern is USC has been big time in big games under Carroll, but I think Weis can neutralize that given 2 weeks to prepare. Other people have suggested taking the under here too, but I can't shake the feeling this is gonna be a shootout.

Texas -17 vs. Colorado
I think Texas pulls away in the third, after Vince Young gets his two TOs out of his system. Also taking the over with the line at 53.

Anybody strongly disagree?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: NCAA football picks....your thoughts?

I'll just piggy back my picks on yours since we have a lot of overlap.

NCAAF 3-4-0

So far my record is of no use to anybody, you can't pick with me and you can't fade me. Lets see if we can change it this week.

Nebraska -3 @ Baylor
I agree with the Nebraska pick. Nebraska's D will keep Baylor in check and the Husker offense is getting better every week.

USC @ Notre Dame +11.5
I like the Irish here also for the reasons you have mentioned plus I love the comments by Weiss over the last week saying he owns Pete Caroll.

Colorado +17 @ Texas
I'm going to have to disagree with this one. I think Colorado stays within a touchdown and gives Texas a good scare in this game. They lost to Miami 23-3 in a game where they turned the ball over 3 times. If they protect the ball I think they keep it close.

KSU vs Texas Tech -15.5
I think this one could get out of hand much the way last years TT vs NU game got out of hand. The Cats Offense has not been moving the ball and has lots of questions at QB. TT has no such problems and I think they will put at least 45 on the Cats.

OU vs KU o42
This pick seems crazy even to me, but I think both teams are capable of scoring in the 20's and sneaking through this number. Plus, 93% of the money is on the under right now and I just can't help but bet the other way.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I think both teams are capable of scoring in the 20's and sneaking through this number

[/ QUOTE ]

KU's offense is horrendous, I dont think they could score 20 in 8 quarters. I really like OK -6.5 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

GL
Old 10-15-2005, 01:42 AM

Anybody like FSU -7 vs. UVA? I know it's a primetime game in Virginia, but the 2 teams just aren't close from what I've seen this year.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:24 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Texas -17 vs. Colorado
I think Texas pulls away in the third, after Vince Young gets his two TOs out of his system. Also taking the over with the line at 53.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the line came out I thought about what a fair line was, I had it at 2 td's. This line is greater than that so I just don't see it as a good bet.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 AM

My main concern with the UT game is the letdown factor, coming off the big ou win. I'm not really impressed with the fact that CU "held" Miami to 23 points after turning the ball over three times; I think UT's defense is as good/better than Miami's, and the offense will do a lot more with the turnovers they get than Miami's did.

Plus, the game's in Austin, and while it's not as humid as usual, it's still more than CU is used to. I see why you guys don't like the bet, but I'm going with it anyway. I might be back here tomorrow night to eat my words, though.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:24 AM

One NCAA prop I really like today

Vince Young Passing + Rushing yds Over 268.5 (-120)

GL
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 05:20 PM

Hmmm....uh....yeah....well maybe I'm starting to like UT in this game [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]