Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 06:37 PM

Default River Decision.

CO is Loose and Passive

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks and hopes for a chance to raise?
Or does he bet and hopes for a raise?

How do you get the maximum when you are out of position on the river?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: River Decision.

I really don't know, I'd probably C/R, but I always whiff on these C/R attempts. Flush card + paired board can really scare a passive player. I would also throw up in my mouth if a passive player 3-bet my C/R here.

Here's one thing I do know - your flop 3-bet is gay.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:47 PM

Why would you call my 3-bet on the flop "gay" ?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 PM

I would bet this against a passive player. The river card is scary, so he might not bet it, but I'd expect to get paid off from a Kx or Jx hand.

Why did you 3-bet the flop?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:53 PM

I think you're a dog here on the river. Most loose passives don't raise unless they beat top pair, which means two pair or better here. There are 9 possibilities for KJ, but 12 for K6 and J6. Also, he might have had a set on the flop. Because of this, I would check-call here.

About the flop 3-bet being "gay", what I think he ment was that you will probably not win by pairing the A, and hence you're "only" drawing to the flush. So you want more callers in case you hit to pay you off.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he doesn't have the vocabulary to use a more appropriate word.

I don't think you want to 3-bet here. You currently only have ace-high. You might 3-bet here if you had two overcards and a nut flush draw.

You risk pushing out the third player with your 3-bet, when you probably stand to make more money at the end if you make your flush and he stays in.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Is a passive player really passive if he caps the flop with Kx Jx, with x not being one of the other board cards?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:57 PM

I think you have to bet the river. I'd much rather risk only having my bet called vs. having it checked through.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet the river. I'd much rather risk only having my bet called vs. having it checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm retarted. Didn't see the full house with the 6. I now go to check call.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this big joke lined up about making the 3-bet while having intercourse with a member of the same sex, but it turned out it was kind of lame so I'll just give a real response.

You make a teensy little bit of value if the 3rd guy calls, but he might not (and didn't) call 2 cold if you raise. You know you're probably not showing down UI, so I'd let him overcall and be part of the payoff parade when you do hit your flush. The odds that one guy has you reverse dominated, and will fold his hand are slim enough to not bother protecting your ace outs here IMO.

BTW, I lead the river sans read because that's a pretty scary card for Villain. If it didn't pair the board too, I'd be more inclined to c/r because Villain seems to like his hand, and here there's a not insignificant chance that you're still behind.

edit: Missed the read. I would bet-call on this river if CO is pretty passive; I think you're behind a good amount of the time if it's raised.