Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Default There is no doubt

Cheney lied and it isn't even close.

He said these magic words: "there is no doubt." He said those words twice. But we now know that there was significant debate among intelligence analysts. In short, there was plenty of doubt. And he knew it. Even if he thought there was probably WMD, or he was almost sure, he knew, he absolutely knew there was doubt. He had to.

Why else would he and his chief of staff cover up evidence that others in the administration rebuffed some of their more outlandish allegations? (See http://nationaljournal.com/about/njw...05/1027nj1.htm for more info on that.)

His lies about not knowing who picked Joe Wilson to go to Niger (which he said on NBC's Meet the Press) are just further proof of his lying ways.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Miers Withdraws Nomination

[ QUOTE ]
So for Cheney to lie, he would have to know there was doubt about whether there were WMDs in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: There is no doubt

So you are changing your story to "he lied about how certain he was about the WMDs"?

What chance do you think he thought there was WMDs in Iraq in 2002?

Also definition of the term "no doubt":
Certainly.
Probably.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luttig would be filibustered...several Dems have already stated that a nominee in the mold of Luttig/Scalia would end the filibuster truce.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't give a crap about a filibuster I welcome it. If the simple threat of a flibuster is enough to stop a president from nominating who he wants than what's the purpose of having the President pick nominees for the court.

I want to Bush to start with Brown and force the dems to try and stop her and if they do, I send up luttig and if he gets beat I send up Owens, etc.

Right now the Republicans have a 55-45 majority , in a year that could be erased or reversed. Strike while the Iron is hot I say. Bush should reward those who put him into office precisely for the purposes of defeating liberalism.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So for Cheney to lie, he would have to know there was doubt about whether there were WMDs in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt by whom though? Certainly he knew there was doubt from people who had no knowledge of the issue. Someone who has zero access to any CIA info would certainly have doubt. So I don't think he meant that EVERYONE had no doubt.

So did it mean that those who had intelligence had no doubt? Or did it mean that he himself had no doubt?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt by whom though? Certainly he knew there was doubt from people who had no knowledge of the issue. Someone who has zero access to any CIA info would certainly have doubt. So I don't think he meant that EVERYONE had no doubt.

So did it mean that those who had intelligence had no doubt? Or did it mean that he himself had no doubt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Tom it was a war of ideaology and not reason. The campaign worked and we got it approved. There is no need to continue the WMD debate and we both know or should know that's not why we went to war. I mean I supported the war and still do so yet I don't understand why some people are still trying to the prove or defend the WMD case. It was the PR campaign needed to get the country moving. This doesn't mean there wasn't some evidence to suggest that Iraq had WMD's but its certainly not the reason we went to war. It was a good cover story at the time but no need to keep it up anymore. Just let the liberals stay obsessed with the past if that's what they want to do.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luttig would be filibustered...several Dems have already stated that a nominee in the mold of Luttig/Scalia would end the filibuster truce.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Democrats have defeated themselves. They have put so many of the top candidates on the filibuster list that Bush has no choice but to submit one of them. And if opposition is guaranteed then why not put up the best?

This will end with a great new justice, and the nuclear option will be exploded, and Bush will look like a leader again. Thats a triple play win/win/win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 06:56 PM

ahem, our prediction...remember the whole genius thing? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Janice Rogers Brown!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pulling for Luttig myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it on!!! I would love to see him put Luttig up. I will also love when they lose this fight. Luttig doesn't have the votes and Luttig will not get the votes. I'll say it again. BRING IT ON!!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Janice Rogers Brown!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pulling for Luttig myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it on!!! I would love to see him put Luttig up. I will also love when they lose this fight. Luttig doesn't have the votes and Luttig will not get the votes. I'll say it again. BRING IT ON!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with your conclusions but I like this approach to politics. I'm 100% pro bring it on politics. Especially when my party is in power.