Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Lets list them!

I'm still way too weak on the bubble. I still severely underestimate most average stack and lower's - range of folding hands during this critical time. I look down and see 73s in the CO and I just cannot bring myself to push it all-in. It's counter-intuitive.
The 2nd problem I'm currently working on is loosening up my game a lit bit in the first hour. A month ago, my stack at the end of the first hour was SOLELY dependant on the amount of times I was dealt AA-1010 (and 99-66 from MP2 or later), AK/AQ and the outcome of those hands. I'm trying to tweak my game so that I have maybe 4-7% less ITM finishes in return for a larger avg. starting stack heading into the 3rd hour.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Tilting. After a number of bad beats on the same day I lose all ability to play post flop and just jam way too many hands (which I lose in bad beats and continue to do so untill I drag myself to sleep).

Oh, and a recent problem I developed - calling re-raises with good hands (JJ-QQ, AQs-AK) when I have position so I can out play my opponent post-flop and not being able to let go when I'm obviously beat by a worst starting hand.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my biggest leak is in blind defense. i'll call a 3 times the BB raise from CO or button more times than not and then when I hit top pair (with holdings of like J8o) on board of J62, I'm too ready to call or bet off most or all of my chips and don't give the PFR enough credit for actually having a hand. Then they turn over a big pocket pair like QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo. Only make that holding 86o on a J62 flop.

Busting out after 3-4 hours after getting sucked out on sucks. But busting out after 3-4 hours because you got all in with second pair vs an overpair really sucks. You know its all your own fault.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM

sometimes just the opposite is true. i'm stealing, BB calls. I hit top pair and BB already was playing a big pair and his check raise allin after the flop looks like he doesn't believe i had a hand preflop and has decided to look me up. I have hit top pair, I call and bam run into a huge pocket pair.

Perfecting my blind steals and/or blind defenses would be my biggest leak. And its not that i try to steal or defend too much, maybe on the average of once every 2-3 orbits.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Oh I forgot. Being 2`nd or 3`d in chips, and deciding to get it all in with the chipleader. Just did in a qualifier. Virtually guaranteed a seat 3 more had to bust and their all at 4-8K stack, I have 22K, chipleader had 30. And I had to play my set to the end, even though I knew he sucked out on turn. PUKE,BARF and an obcene amount of norwegian faul language: [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Not being able to seperate how I got to certain stack size, from how I play it. 8xBB is 8xBB, regardless if I have been surviving card dead for the last hour, or I just donked off 3/4 of my chips bluffing a Q high.

On a similar note, I have no patience when I get short in the middle stages of a MTT. I have to start realizing that there is some value in limping into the money
Old 12-02-2005, 12:19 AM

#1.) Raising someone's blinds so much that they hate me by the end of the tournament. Now that they hate me, they play back at me, and I lose big pots.

#2.) Long, drawn-out, elaborate bluffs that almost never work. Sometimes I get attached, and I can't let go, I'll c-bet, then plug the turn with nothing, then there's so much in the potby the river that I try "one more", and it costs me a huge pot or my tournament.

#3.) Reacting too quickly, must slow down before I click my mouse sometimes

#4.) Bullying with the big stack. The few times I am a big stack at the table, I get overly aggressive, thinking I can just run the table and go over the top of everyone.. this doesn't work when your opponent is unwilling to fold top or 2nd pair.

#5.) Raising small bets with nothing.. you know the weird 20% of the pot bets that people make online.. I've found more often than not they want you to call and they just don't know what they're doing.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 AM

1) Managing to put my opponent on a particular hand, and then refusing to follow through on it. (i.e. fold/raise, etc)

2) Failing to pick the right time to fire the second shot.

3) Just because these guys are nimrods doesn't mean they don't have hands.

Those are my big three.

I used to have 4) FPS, but I think I've fixed that one pretty well.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not being able to seperate how I got to certain stack size, from how I play it. 8xBB is 8xBB, regardless if I have been surviving card dead for the last hour, or I just donked off 3/4 of my chips bluffing a Q high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 AM

three words: misperceived steal/ resteal