Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 03:07 AM

Default 500th post. :)

Hi all,

I've been around in this forum for close to 2 years now and finally reach 500 post. Many posters have more then me in a shorter time period but I'll blame that on the language barrier [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I just wanted to thank you all for the help I got here. Help being hints about how to play a hand or where to get the best bonus. Also, thx for the flaming when a bad beat got to my head, it made me think about the hand and helped a lot by improving my discipline. Also thx for all the great laughter, either from joke post, sarcastic replys or flaming of trolls (thoses are my favourite [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

You really are a great bunch of people and players and I look forward to keep learning the game whit you. I have come a long way from being just a home game, dealer’s choice poker player, to the winning online player I am now. the 1st half of my tuition come from reading books, the other big part was 2+2.

From my beginning, playing 0.25$/0.50$ whit a 50$ bankroll on paradise, I have now cleared my entire scholarship loan plus some. That is a great feeling and accomplishement for me, and all that is thanks to you all.

A big Thank you to you all.

May the flop be whit you.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:11 AM

Default Re: 500th post. :)

Happy,

I'm happy for ya......looking forward to the next 500. It always good to hear about someone's success. Congrats on tackling the loans...and who said poker doesn't pay? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:18 AM

I'll blame that on the language barrier

You know full well that we don't all speak English as well as you do.

You would be much better off blaming it on the fact that your posts always have a point and you don't waste posts on petty things like flaming spammers like certain people [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] do around here.

Hope the next 500 takes less time though, it's always a pleasure to read your posts. (Although I still remember you let me down in a predictions contest, for what i think was wcoop 2003).

GL Happy.

Lori
Old 03-10-2004, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would be much better off blaming it on the fact that your posts always have a point and you don't waste posts on petty things like flaming spammers like certain people do around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Lori, That's a very nice thing to say [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
(Although I still remember you let me down in a predictions contest, for what i think was wcoop 2003).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was for KotZ 1, the very 1st. You had cheered me all the way at a final table when I had won my very 1st multi table tourney, couple weeks before it... And I had'nt showed up for KotZ... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:45 AM

I think that was for KotZ 1, the very 1st. You had cheered me all the way at a final table when I had won my very 1st multi table tourney, couple weeks before it... And I had'nt showed up for KotZ...

Oh yes, I remember now.

Guess I'll let you off then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM

Congrats happyjayypee! Welcome to the world of addiction! I enjoy your posts and also gain alot of knowledge from 2+2!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:43 AM

Cher Happy,

Felicitations pour votre message cinq-cent. J'ecris cette message en Français dans votre honeur.

Je suis desole pour ma Français très malle.

À bientot

Sheriff

INTENDED TRANSLATION
Dear Happy

Congrats on your 500th note. I am writing this note in French in your honour.

I apologise for murdering your language.

Regards

Sheriff

MORE LIKELY TRANSLATION
My darling mushroom,

This camel has been Post Office. Kindly remove tomorrow's "horrible swear word".

Flatulence

Sheriff

(I just thought Lori's point about the quality of our non-native English speakers' language was spot on and was trying to demonstrate how bad it would be if the tables were reversed. Every time I read one I get the same embarrassed feeling as whenever I go to Europe and immediately become reliant upon others' ability to speak English).
Old 03-10-2004, 01:04 PM

(I just thought Lori's point about the quality of our non-native English speakers' language was spot on and was trying to demonstrate how bad it would be if the tables were reversed. Every time I read one I get the same embarrassed feeling as whenever I go to Europe and immediately become reliant upon others' ability to speak English).

I couldn't agree more, it is almost as if we expect everyone to speak English.

Congrats on the landmark happy, here's to the next 500. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 03-10-2004, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MORE LIKELY TRANSLATION
My darling mushroom,

This camel has been Post Office. Kindly remove tomorrow's "horrible swear word".

Flatulence

Sheriff

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> This has to be post of the year!!, I am F***ing crying! </font>
Old 03-10-2004, 01:21 PM

This has to be post of the year!!, I am F***ing crying!

I just sent a PM do express similar thoughts, there are many great candidates for post of the year already, but this is up there with them.

Lori