Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: I get fancy...

[ QUOTE ]
well, my line would be bet/3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that you have the nut 1 card flush? This is going to go bet/raise basically never.

Krishan
Old 12-19-2005, 04:54 PM

I like it. You don't risk much on a whiff.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button seems to have a clue based on his stats. No way he calls the raise if he doesn't have a flush and was bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is bluffing it doesn't matter if I 3-bet or not right? Either way I get nothing from Button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Either way you get nothing from button. But you get an extra bet out of MP.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 PM

If you have the button I don't mind the turn smoothcall, but since you don't have it I strongly prefer to 3-bet. It could make you up to an additional 4 BBs.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Either way you get nothing from button. But you get an extra bet out of MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't I get that bet out of him when I raise the river?

Krishan
Old 12-19-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the button I don't mind the turn smoothcall, but since you don't have it I strongly prefer to 3-bet. It could make you up to an additional 4 BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be right. My plan was to cr a button bet. When MP check raised I just called on instinct. I didn't try and puzzle it out. I'm not sure how often I'm up against a set vrs how often I'm up against hands that will fold the turn 3-bet.

Krishan
Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 PM

i think i wasnt clear in my original post. i meant taht i would be jamming bets in as the default line, but since u found a tricky check, and the action went bet/raise (hence most likely action in mine would be call/raise) you should be 3 betting, otherwise u net the same as mine. i know it rarely goes raise. sorry this sounds confusing.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? And I'm not being terse to be an idiot. I don't want to color your reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

You check and the turn gets checked through. That would be bad if they would have called turn bets or would have raised turn bets...but instead it leads to missing bets.

For example-

1st position was waiting to cr you with K-high flush but this gets checked through. And or if Button had TP and would have called your bet, but not lead himself on the turn. Or if 1st position would not lead a set on the turn, but would of course call a turn bet.

That's what I meant by risky on turn whiffery....not getting bets or raises in that you would otherwise had you betout. Especially when we do not have a strong indication that the turn will not get checked through.

I do not think that you can automatically assume that you can make up the bets on the river, especially when you get sucked out on.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why? And I'm not being terse to be an idiot. I don't want to color your reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

You check and the turn gets checked through. That would be bad if they would have called turn bets or would have raised turn bets...but instead it leads to missing bets.

For example-

1st position was waiting to cr you with K-high flush but this gets checked through. And or if Button had TP and would have called your bet, but not lead himself on the turn. Or if 1st position would not lead a set on the turn, but would of course call a turn bet.

That's what I meant by risky on turn whiffery....not getting bets or raises in that you would otherwise had you betout. Especially when we do not have a strong indication that the turn will not get checked through.

I do not think that you can automatically assume that you can make up the bets on the river, especially when you get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent response. The flip side is people are willing to bet/raise with weaker hands if I show weakness on the board. If I bet into the K high flush there is no guarontee he'll raise.

So yes if MP has the K I lose but if Button has the K I win. So that argument is a wash? I don't think the button would call with a non-flush hand. People don't call without a flush on multiway 4 flush boards. At least so far as I've seen. The argument that is most convincing is the set argument (It works as an argument for check 3-betting too) I am giving up equity from a set by checking.

I guess I just feel like I'm going to get more action from weaker flushes often enough to make up for it.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Td Jd (two pair, tens and threes).
Hero has Jh As (flush, ace high).
Button has Js Ah (flush, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.75 BB. </font>

Krishan
Old 12-19-2005, 10:56 PM

MP is pretty special.