Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-16-2005, 05:32 PM

Default TT Prima - 14BB pot decision

UTG1 is 33/10/2.7 over 500hands & 40/53 WTSD/W$SD Sorry i say it myself, PT reads suck majorly however i can't get into prima to see my notes on him and this was played a few days ago.

BB is 52/10/.7 over 1500 hands 40/57 WTSD/W$SD.

$1/2 Prima - Table "TrickyLags Who Cause a 90BB Downswing in 800 hands"

SB posted the small blind - $0.50
BB posted the big blind - $1.00
** Dealing card to Hero: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folded
UTG1 raised - $2.00
Hero raised - $3.00
BUTTON called - $3.00
SB folded
BB called - $3.00
UTG1 raised - $4.00
Hero called - $4.00
BUTTON called - $4.00
BB called - $4.00

Flop:$16.50(16.5SB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checked
UTG1 bet - $1.00
Hero raised - $2.00
BUTTON called - $2.00
BB called - $2.00
UTG1 raised - $3.00
Hero called - $3.00
BUTTON called - $3.00
BB called - $3.00

Turn:$28.50(14.25BB)J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checked
UTG1 checked
Hero bet - $2.00 <font color="blue"> Reckon i should of taken free card, but results orientated maybe</font>
BUTTON folded
BB called - $2.00
UTG1 raised - $4.00
Hero....

Whats the plan people?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: TT Prima - 14BB pot decision

He's not dicking around. He has AA/JJ near 100% of the time here. Fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:36 PM

FOLD

looks like very good chance he has a bigger overpair. tough parlay for you to be ahead of both UTG1 and BB, and even if you're ahead there's 6-20+ outs against you and if you're behind you have 2 maybe even 1 out.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:44 PM

I know you are looking for a river line here and this also might be results oriented AND this sounds way tighty but I don't re-raise preflop with TT, even 6-max. I know UTG+1 is a maniac but TT is too vulnerable for me to RR. I also know this goes against the prevailing wisdom of 6-max pre-flop play.

Ok, so I know this is results oriented, but I think this drastically changes how the hand plays after. I would be in calldown mode until showdown.

As played, I take the free card.

Flame away!
Old 12-16-2005, 05:45 PM

I think you should've taken the free card. If he's got TP or an overpair and he was trying to punish a free card play then he would've probably fired again on the turn. I think you're up against a bigger pair or possibly trips and I think at this point you have to call just because the pot is sooo big. Again, I think you probably should've checked it through though.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:49 PM

It's a HUGE pot we can't let a 3 outer stick around for free. we need to get value from the frushdraws. checking the turn is really bad IMO. we're not even last to act, there's no guarantee we're even getting a free card.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you are looking for a river line here and this also might be results oriented AND this sounds way tighty but I don't re-raise preflop with TT, even 6-max. I know UTG+1 is a maniac but TT is too vulnerable for me to RR. I also know this goes against the prevailing wisdom of 6-max pre-flop play.

Ok, so I know this is results oriented, but I think this drastically changes how the hand plays after. I would be in calldown mode until showdown.

As played, I take the free card.

Flame away!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to bet since you're ahead a good % of the time if just get one call and no raise. easy fold to the c/r. Also not 3betting TT pf is pretty weak/bad, IMO.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM

Ok, I can see that. It's just that I'm puzzled by UTG1's play a bit. What could he have other than a big PP or trips that he's playing this way where we won't get trapped if we bet? If he had A9 then maybe (even then I don't see him checking the turn) but what else? He'd have 3 bet a flush draw with overs here too though so I can see why you're saying to bet again. I was just thinking that he's trying to trap us the majority of the time. However, even if it's the majority I can see your reasoning of betting to get value from the draws and the 3 outers so I concede that you're right.