Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-14-2005, 01:35 AM

Default One hand, one preflop question

Preflop raiser here was unknown. Flop check/raiser was 35/6/1.5 over just 80 hands. What do you guys think of all streets here?

My main question is the turn. Obviously it worked out that these guys can't hand-read for [censored] but should I suck it up and bet here? Is it profitable to do so?

BTW the guy who called two cold on the flop and bet the turn is unknown as well.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Preflop raiser was 25/12/3 here. I thought I had to play the hand but I figured raising was superior to calling. Crowd behind was definitely on the loose side, but I'm fairly sure they'd be clearing most of the time for three bets.

What do you think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>
Old 12-14-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: One hand, one preflop question

Hand 1 I think I'd play the same. On the turn the pots big enough I think you can bet out if you believe you'll only be facing 1 raise, if you think BB might c/r again then checking here would be what I'd do. River is fine, you've got second nut flush and no reason to put BB on a suited Ace. nh.

Hand 2 I have to go back and look at SSHE, not sure if that hand plays better multiway or HU.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Hand 1: I like calling BB's flop c/r as opposed to 3betting...Definitely check the turn, given the action on the flop, these guys aren't going anywhere. River, booyah

Hand 2: Calling really sucks here, pretty easy 3bet
Old 12-14-2005, 01:55 AM

I thought the flop 3-bet was a pretty good play. If BB didn't raise I was obviously doing it because I had a mega equity edge, but based on the PFR's flop call it seems he has unpaired broadways, and if he can fold them that would be pretty sweet for me (esp. KJ/AK).
Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 AM

I misread, I thought the PFR made a continuation bet
Old 12-14-2005, 02:06 AM

Hand 1 - I don't like the flop 3-bet with that many people still around. You don't have a hand to protect, so you're not trying to drive people out, and I think you'll end up with a bigger pot overall if you don't force the non-raisers to call two bets instead of one.

Hand 2 - a PFR of 12% isn't that much out of line. Definitely not something I'd try to isolate with Axs myself. A-rag suited is usually only good for hitting the nut flush, so I'm not sure why you're trying to clear people out. I fold this one pre-flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:51 AM

*grunch*

Flop: Tell me why you 3 bet? Your on a draw with 2nd nut + you only have 1 overcard. Your facing 2 already and this isn't the time you want to scare anyone off

Edit: I recounted your outs and figured you had at best 11.5 outs and a huge equity edge. If it was just a regular flush draw I wouldn't do this, but with the straight draw and your dirty K outs, I think you have enough to pump.

Turn: Looks standard. You ain't folding

River: standard

Hand 2: call is marginal, as you only have 1 limper behind you with only 2 people who are non-blinds. I'd consider folding that. A raise is very, very wrong

Crovax
Old 12-14-2005, 05:09 AM

What limper behind him? Why is it very, very wrong?

People love to raise posted players with less than they normally would. Add to that the fact that it was folded to that player in MP2, which increases his range. And istewart's getting a discount to 3-bet it. Also, that player has a VPIP of 25, so he has the ability to be raising light here. He also said he thinks that he'll clear everyone out to the 3-bet. Seems like a good raise to me.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 AM

I would bet the turn in hand one.

Yeah 3-betting PF is fine here. Anything I'm playing is getting 3-bet here, and I'm not about to fold A5s for one bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:43 AM

NH x 2.