Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: why do people love violence?

:I think its more of a racist statement to blame the actions of a large group of Muslim men riding in 50 cars into a neighborhood with the intent of vandalizing it on "White Supremcists."

From the article:

"About 5,000 white men, many of them drunk, targeted people believed to be of Arab or Middle Eastern descent on Cronulla Beach on Sunday after rumors spread that Lebanese youths assaulted two lifeguards earlier this month".

This happened before Muslims started rioting.

This isn't at all the same as what happened in France. That was mostly general rioting, the burning of cars regardless of who they belonged to, attacking the police etc, carried out by mostly but not exclusively the descendants of immigrants. This is intercommunal violence; communities targetting and attacking each other.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 AM

Look at the quote. Already it is stating that 5000 white men are at fault. It also says something about Lebanese youths attacking lifeguards first.

Who cares who started what? You are proving my point for me. Wait wait wait. Are you saying it is acceptable for gangs of men to drive into white areas and vandalize property in retaliation? Isn't that a little misplaced? Do you think the people in those neighborhoods had anything to do with what happened on the beaches the day before? Or do you think that maybe a group of perhaps economically disadvantaged people are taking advantage of a situation where they think their actions will be excused because "white supremcists" started it?

Hmmmmm.

It is the same as France, IMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:21 AM

"It also says something about Lebanese youths attacking lifeguards first."

Allegedly, as part of an isolated incident involving two people, not large-scale rioting.

"Are you saying it is acceptable for gangs of men to drive into white areas and vandalize property in retaliation? "

Of course not. But you seemed to be suggesting that it was incorrect to say that the "white" rioting came first.

"Or do you think that maybe a group of perhaps economically disadvantaged people are taking advantage of a situation where they think their actions will be excused because "white supremcists" started it?"

No, I think a group of people are acting out misplaced revenge.

"It is the same as France, IMO."

OK, but you haven't responded to my argument about why it is different at all.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:30 AM

I could go so far that it is different in that one respect. The communities are retaliating against each other here. In that regard, it is probably a step up for what happened in France.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 AM

Your posts show that your underlying racism is so strong that you don't even care to read the reports about those incidents. You have made up your mind on which race is honest and which races that cannot be trusted and nothing can change it. That kind of thinking was very common/accepted 70 years ago and led to among other things Holocaust. Luckily, more and more people get relationships/friends etc. across races and don't just stay in white neighbourhoods with their gun ready in case a black man will come to kill them.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:13 PM

Your ignorance is astounding. We are on an internet message board, you have never met me and you assume I am white. Then, because I must be white and I make a case that the Austrailian riots are similar in nature to the riots in France that I must be a racist and you sit out there in cyberworld just waiting to tell me I'm 70 years behind history. Sad. It probably made your day to go out and champion your non existant cause. How dare I quesstion the motives of muslims who drive into an area and vandalize it! It can only be because I must be white and a racist.

You are an imbecile.

Welcome to my ignore list you troglodite.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 PM

If you had orientated yourself you would know that it was men who attacked the life guard. The white mob, however, revenged on a woman.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can only be because I must be white and a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it, you know it. People like you are on the lowest bottom of my respect list.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:37 AM

It's a cheap cop-out to call someone racist rather than arguing the facts. You may think a person is the lowest type of human around, but telling them that just gives them another excuse to stomp on you.

Of course, these kinds of conclusions are what starts riots to begin with. Sub-Mariner is correct: it is inevitable that there will be more fighting in the future because the divide between cultural and political groups has grown too large to find common ground.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sub-Mariner is correct: it is inevitable that there will be more fighting in the future because the divide between cultural and political groups has grown too large to find common ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it is due to people like him that that happens, so a bit of soul searching instead of blaiming the other races could be in place.